RZ350’s Gen II Mods, Part 6 - Disk Lock Storage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RZ350

Reaction score
Link to all my Gen II mods

This farkle is SO easy, I’m posting it so even you Caveman DIY’ers out there can give it a try. I don’t use my disk lock very much, but I like to carry it with me on long trips because you never know where you will need to park. Rather than storing this thing in the hard cases somewhere, I decided just to hang it ON the bike for easy access. All you need is a small flat strap of aluminum (1” wide or so), drill, and file. The best spot I found to stick it was right behind the engine on the right side. The plate has two holes in it (ignore the two really small ones - they were in the scrap piece I was using), one to mount it on the engine bolt and the other to pin the lock through. Notice the bottom of the plate has a slight concave shape to it. Just shape the bottom edge with the file to perfectly match the profile of the “throat” on your particular lock and this keeps it from swinging fore/aft on the lock pin.

Done - see, that WAS easy.

4295864609_35163ce4ab_o.jpg

4295864657_2d3f9a0662_o.jpg