RZ350’s Gen II Mods, Part 13 - Custom Drink Holder

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RZ350

Reaction score
Link to all my Gen II mods

When we’re out riding for the day, I like to take some water with me. I don’t normally use the water to drink, but mainly to wash the bugs from my faceshield and things like that. My goal was to not use up valuable luggage space to carry it. There are some aftermarket options out there, but I decided to make my own from parts I had lying around. Although it doesn’t look like the bottle sets in very far, the thermos I’m using fits into the holder very snugly so there is no risk of it falling out. I actually have to twist it a bit while pulling up to get it to release. Riding solo, I don’t find the cup holder position obtrusive at all, even with my driver bakrest installed.

4403070892_99196d76a5_o.jpg

Some scrap aluminum angle was used to mount it to the right side of the bike. I removed the two screws holding the exhaust bracket and installed longer bolts with spacers to get the cup holder out away from the bodywork.

4402305425_091149269f_o.jpg

By undoing a velcro strap, the black plastic holder can be easily removed from the aluminum brackets if an occasional passenger is carried.

4402305367_bac8769d74_o.jpg

I used a drainage pipe connector available at the home improvement stores ($3) for the plastic holder and cut out some of the area where it transitions from round to square. Part of the rectangular bottom section remained to provide the bottom stop for the bottle. If you look closely, you will see notches in the aluminum angles where the large flange of the black holder engage to hold it vertically. The strap holds it tightly in the angles. What you can’t see is that the bottom of the plastic piece also has two slots to engage the bolt heads that fasten the angles to the bike.

4402305289_f7f4694f38_o.jpg

I like this idea; it's kind of a alternate on the Skyway design.

I don't like the passenger footpeg idea as I use that for alternate foot placement during rides. I have a "Brand X" passenger lowering block and my feet are usually placed with the front on the regular rider peg, and the heel on the lowered peg mounting (if that makes sense).

This hydration design would place it higher to not interfere with foot placement, although I need to look at it using a bigger, insulated jug commonly found at Wally world and the like...

I don't like the passenger footpeg idea as I use that for alternate foot placement during rides. I have a "Brand X" passenger lowering block and my feet are usually placed with the front on the regular rider peg, and the heel on the lowered peg mounting (if that makes sense).

Makes sense to me, that where my feet end up when I ride.

Last edited by a moderator: