picture of GenI with air box removed?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droptail

Reaction score
There is a harness that originates from the lower back of the engine and goes up and forward disappearing under the air box.

I want to know where the harness routes to.

Is there a picture of the top of the engine with the tank off also?

Thanks

I have a couple of pics from my starter problems last summer, but the disassembly may be enough that what you seek has been moved. Anyway, here:

DSC_4422.jpg

There is a harness that originates from the lower back of the engine and goes up and forward disappearing under the air box.
I want to know where the harness routes to.

Is there a picture of the top of the engine with the tank off also?

Thanks

This help any??? (ignore the yellow arrows...they were for a different description)

day_01e.jpg

.....or this:

day_01a.jpg

Dayum these pictures take me back! :mistyeyedsmiley:

Thanks much guys.

Its the (3) conductor white plug harness that rises and goes to the left under the TB.

Looks like it runs forward along the inside frame. Hope I can see it it by removing the tank.

Have any pics with the TB removed?

Thanks

Thanks much guys.
Its the (3) conductor white plug harness that rises and goes to the left under the TB.

Looks like it runs forward along the inside frame. Hope I can see it it by removing the tank.

Thanks
This may or may not help, since the wiring's been disconnected and laying across the left frame spar.

Day_005.jpg

Thanks much guys.

Thanks
The question for us becomes: what are trying to do with it? Are you troubleshooting something, are you trying to tap into some circuit, what? Maybe asking for what you want to find rather than where the bundle goes would be helpful.

That connector is the speed sensor, and it joins the wiring harness somewhere in there to the left of the engine, and its wires actually go straight to the main ECU connector, located on the left side under the seat. There are no more connectors in between that white connector and the large ECU plug.

Last edited by a moderator:
The question for us becomes: what are trying to do with it? Are you troubleshooting something, are you trying to tap into some circuit, what? Maybe asking for what you want to find rather than where the bundle goes would be helpful.
Darn good question, Walt.

I'm wondering if it is (maybe) a speed sensitive exhaust bypass?

LINKY

Hadn't seen that. Not so sure it's a good idea, dropping exhaust pressure like that.

Not my bike, though. If he wants to be a loud pipes guy, and burn his exhaust valves . . . . .

Thanks for the info/pics guys.

I believe that is the speed sensor that goes to pin #18 on engine CPU.

I am in pursuit of a (usable) vehicle speed signal (not for electric exhaust cutout, that would be rpm, and FYI bypassing mufflers won't burn valves, eliminating an exhaust manifold could).

I have already analyzed that signal but find it problematic so far. Perhaps I will look at an ABS signal.

Thanks again for the pics guys.

I am in pursuit of a (usable) vehicle speed signal (not for electric exhaust cutout, that would be rpm, and FYI bypassing mufflers won't burn valves, eliminating an exhaust manifold could).

I have already analyzed that signal but find it problematic so far. Perhaps I will look at an ABS signal.

I just remembered what you're wanting to do.

I just remembered what you're wanting to do.

Gawd that is way to much work... Yer a lazy bastie ain't ya? :lol: Hire a showfer ..

:jester: