• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2007 FJR Orders Through D&H Cycles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bounce

Chicks Dig Scars
Staff member
Reaction score
Some info from the folks at D&H Cycle (in Alabama) on the 2007 FJR.

The 2007 FJR13AWR (red) is $11,779.00

FJR13AEWS- (ELECTRIC SHIFT MODEL -silver) $13,339.00

A $500 deposit secures your order. These are out the door prices with no added fees. You do have to pay state sales tax and registration in your state

THey are taking orders at the above prices through October 20, 2006 (12 Noon). The number is 1-800-3-YAMAHA--ask to talk to Jerold or Renaa.

A $500 deposit secures your order. These are out the door prices with no added fees. You do have to pay state sales tax and registration in your state
You know that for sure for every state?

I've heard that statement before and also heard how folks then bring their bike back to Washington from Oregon (non sales tax state) and get a big, wet bite taken out of their ass in the form of a "use tax" which is coincidentally exactly the same rate as the sales tax. Probably just as true for other states. Since we don't have income taxes here, our state end up taking revenues from sales taxes and other sources pretty seriously.....

Just thinking you might want to be sure you know every state deal before some disgruntled user comes to the admins looking for your home address ;) (BTW, we have no clue. He's in Texas somewhere)

....Still a great price even if one has to pay home state taxes..... Go D&H!

Last edited by a moderator:
When you title a bike you bought out of state in Missouri, you pay a tax on what ever the sale price was. That is, to title a vehicle not already in your name on a title, issued in another state. If you have a vehicle titled in another state with your name on the title, you pay no tax here.

B)

Who could speak for every state to state transfer? :huh: That person would have to do 2500 interstate bike purchases! God have mercy on them for having had to live so many brain damaging events! :dribble:

I will speak for my 2006A TX purchase from Tony to CO registration & licensing. No TX sales tax or registration or license applied, just a small fee [<$30]. CO took sales tax, registration, license fees, vehicle ID confirmation, inspection and an unexplained [likely because by then I was “a pain in (their) ass”] fee. This followed my prior interstate auto/truck purchases.

I would expect any USA interstate transfer to be somewhat like mine. Maybe PRofKali would be different. :p

I am in the market for an 07 FJR and D & H sounds like a great deal . How does one buy a bike out of state and ride it home ? Do you have to license it it that state first and then transfer it to your home state ?

thanks ahead of time

mac

Many states provide a temporary use registration valid for x number of days (I think somewhere between 15-30). You then get permanent registration in your state through the DMV or an issuing agent.

There is a way to get it into Ca. Have it registered to a family member out of state. Then after the 7500 mile thing do a inter family transfer, no tax in Ca. for inter family transfer. I had a co worker do this on a Dodge diesel dual axel and saved $8000. Lots of excuses when registered to a family member and used in Ca til the milage cap.

I am in the market for an 07 FJR and D & H sounds like a great deal . How does one buy a bike out of state and ride it home ? Do you have to license it it that state first and then transfer it to your home state ?
thanks ahead of time

mac

If I can remember correctly, when I talked to D&H they said Alabama has a temp reg. or a grace period, good for just so many days and that will get you home. Some here must know more, alot of bikes came from there.

There is a way to get it into Ca. Have it registered to a family member out of state. Then after the 7500 mile thing do a inter family transfer, no tax in Ca. for inter family transfer. I had a co worker do this on a Dodge diesel dual axel and saved $8000. Lots of excuses when registered to a family member and used in Ca til the milage cap.

A friend of mine in California bought a new BMW K1200 off ebay from a dealer in New York and had it shipped here and had NO problem registering it with DMV. Of course he had to pay CA taxes though. :angry2:

thanks ahead of time

mac
I bought my 06A in Colorado in August, and I live in South Dakota. The dealer in CO put a temporary tag on it that was good for, I think, 60 days. After they mailed me the papers, I registered it in South Dakota and paid the SD fees which were $464.

Many states provide a temporary use registration valid for x number of days (I think somewhere between 15-30). You then get permanent registration in your state through the DMV or an issuing agent.
It's not always that long. I bought my 06A at Sunnyside (WA) last May and brought the bike home to Oregon. WA law only allowed the dealership to give me a 3-day temp. I had to beat feet into the DMV within the first week to get my bike titled in Oregon. Good news was that the DMV gave me my new plate right over the counter and I had my new Oregon title in hand within 3 weeks. Fairly painless overall and definitely worth going out of state for the price and the excellent service at Sunnyside.

A $500 deposit secures your order.
I wonder if Jerold is aware that Yamaha dropped the PDP program.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moving to the Vendor forum...

Warchild,

I spoke to Jerold this morning and he is aware of the pdp ending with Yamaha. As a matter of fact, he seemed to think the end of the pdp was going to affect his sales of the FJR. I told him not just the end of the pdp but the new introduction of the Kawasaki Concours 14 isn't going to help matters for Yamaha either.

The reason I called him this morning was that I know he sells Kawasaki's and asked him if we could expect the regular D&H discount on the new Concours. He said Y.E.S. so I probably will be making a trip to Alabama to pick up my new Kawi.

We bought the wifes fjr from D&H in May of 05. Jerrol said that the sales paperwork was temp regristration in AL. I was anxious about riding all the way to Alaska with nothing but the sales paperwork. I had purchased my fjr 5 months earlier from a dealer in Tenn. and stored it untill we could ride home. My son and I did the trip the last of may with nothing on one bike and and expired temp license on the other. The only comment made to us was in Anchorage when a woman at a stop light told my son that he didn't have a license on his bike. :) Both Canadian and US coustoms apparently never noticed. I can't say enough about how great it was to deal with D&H. Price was good, service was the best I've ever seen and the trip home was outstanding. :yahoo:

I can speak for sure wrt OK, AR, LA, NM and TX. You don't pay TT&L in AL (D&H). They give you a cetificate of origin. You then pay TT&L in your home state.

The difference is that you pay it based on your purchase price (which would be lower at D&H). You also pay your renewals each year based on the original purchase price. So you end up saving every year that you own it (as does any future owner of that bike).

Getting it home after purchase is simple. You have a copy of your sales documents with you and you insure it before riding it off the lot. If you get pulled over your sales documents will work in place of a tag because you are going to register it as soon as you get home. One more reason to not get stupid-fast on the home trip.

A friend of mine in California bought a new BMW K1200 off ebay from a dealer in New York and had it shipped here and had NO problem registering it with DMV. Of course he had to pay CA taxes though. :angry2:
That's because most BMW's are 50 state legal, no carbon cannister issue here like we have with the FJR.

thanks ahead of time

mac
When I bought mine last spring, I paid for it in full when it came into D&H and they sent me the paperwork. I registered the bike back home (Rhode Island) and brought the plate down with me when I went to pick it up. Sales tax (7%) was charged when I registered the bike in RI