I am a WINNER!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamafitter

Reigning NERDS Granite Lane Gold Medalist
Reaction score
I just recieved the following e-mail from GPSCentral out in Calgary:

"Hello Bill,

Congratulations!!! You have won the grand prize, a Garmin zumo 665, in our 5th Annual Photo Contest in the Road Tripper Category!

Have a great weekend!

Julia Ulisnyak

Website Content Manager

www.gpscentral.ca

www.gpscentral.com "

This was the photo they liked...

941640822_x7tAd-L.jpg

This was taken in the Westfjords during my Iceland trip this summer.

I am very happy :yahoo:

Free stuff is great, winning free stuff it REALLY great!

You know, outside of the contest, if I saw just that photo and a GPS was mentioned, I'd think you would need a better brand - that ship and your motorcycles seemingly lost and arriving at the same bad coordinates :huh: .....

Good photo, though. :good:

Congratulations, Bill.... top of the line for a top of the line guy. I sure hope they got most of the bugs worked out by now.... but you will enjoy it I;m sure!!

Groovy, baby !!
+1, Gunny! Glad that you won a prize and the picture was AWESOME, Bill! But, I know you folks in Canada spell things differently than we do en Los Estados Unidos.

Such as tyre for tire, rumour for rumor and cheque for check. So in the Forum title you spelled WINNER: In your case, I am sure you know this, that would be WEINER!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
...But, I know you folks in Canada spell things differently than we do en Los Estados Unidos.

Such as tyre for tire, rumour for rumor and cheque for check. So in the Forum title you spelled WINNER: In your case, I am sure you know this, that would be WEINER!!!
Keep that up and I will remove the tyre (tire) iron from the boot (trunk) of my auto (car) and pound some proper grammer into you.

Deservedly so Bill. Awesome picture!

However, it does make me wonder what a shot of you in action out back in the sheep pen would have won ya... :eek:

:jester:

Groovy, baby !!
+1, Gunny! Glad that you won a prize and the picture was AWESOME, Bill! But, I know you folks in Canada spell things differently than we do en Los Estados Unidos.

Yeah we know 'Mericans' can't spell right, but tyre and boot is a British thing..... And Bill has enough problems with spelling, as did many Polish folks whose names end in 'ski'..... had to shorten them because they forgot how to spell toboggan.