• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Carbon Fibre Tank Protector Group Buy 15% Off

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejworthen

Reaction score
https://www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au/

Geelong Carbon Craft is offering a group buy on tank protectors for any model bike, not just the FJR. If I can get an order together of 10 or more they will give 15% off their current prices. A couple of other members on the forum expressed some interest so I thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone else is interested. They have products available for the 06 and previous years.

https://www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au/store...;category_id=13

They come in various colors including black, blue, and silver. It's also real carbon fibre, not the fake stuff. The prices listed are in Australian dollars so they have to be converted to USD and then the 15% discount needs to be applied. Once converted to USD the prices are cheaper than listed. You can convert the prices HERE at the current exchange rates. I believe shipping should be around $25 from Australia including insurance.

They attach using double sided adhesive and can be removed without damaging the bikes finish. Below are some pics showing FJR applications and color examples. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

fjr-side-protectors.jpg

fjr1300-06-tp-set.jpg

fjr-tpad--silver.jpg

fjr1300-06side-protectors.jpg

This pic shows the blue CF on a Sprint ST

ST-SPRINT-05-TP-LARGE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I figure , it comes out to about $150.00 shipped for a full FJR kit. Not bad, but not in my pre-Christmas budget this year. Thanks for setting this up though! :clapping:

As with anything in life, timing is everything. I had just purchased a MagKnight tank cover two weeks ago. Oh well, story of my life.

The way I figure , it comes out to about $150.00 shipped for a full FJR kit. Not bad, but not in my pre-Christmas budget this year. Thanks for setting this up though! :clapping:
I've been looking and looking at the budget, and like toe, the timing doesn't work.....now late in January, Hmmm
Wonder if the carbon fiber would keep some of the heat off my "boys". If so I'm in.

The way I figure , it comes out to about $150.00 shipped for a full FJR kit.
:blink:

This doesn't sound correct....

A full FJR tank protection set is three individual pieces: two (2) tank side protectors, and one (1) large center tank protector.

(2 side protectors x $88/each) = $176 AUD

1 front protector = $105 AUD

============================

total: $281 AUD

$281 AUD converts to $216.96 USD

$216.96 - 15% = $184.42

Add shipping/insurance from Down Under, and it should be more on the order of $210 -$225 for the full set.

Still... there is no other tank protector on the market that is this cool. The Geelong carbon fiber products are among the finest on the planet.

C'mon, guys.... if you want the very best you can put on your bike, you'll need to ante up! B)

Looks like a better product than the magnite. Mine is dead after 3 years. the bad news is that after paying for a house in Oregon the budget is in the crapper for now. In the sping When I get some work going I will be ready to get in on a deal if it still exists.

A full FJR tank protection set is three individual pieces: two (2) tank side protectors, and one (1) large center tank protector.

$216.96 - 15% = $184.42

Add shipping/insurance from Down Under, and it should be more on the order of $210 -$225 for the full set.
Yeah, my bad. I ASSUMED the side protectors came as a kit.
I recently saw a GS12R that had the tank sides Rhino-lined. It looked pretty nice, as well as very protective.

Edit- Looking at the site and adding one "side protector(s)" to the cart, it doesn't ask if I want a left or right, only what color. Is it confirmed that they are sold separately?

$216.96 - 15% = $184.42

Yeah, my bad. I ASSUMED the side protectors came as a kit.
I recently saw a GS12R that had the tank sides Rhino-lined. It looked pretty nice, as well as very protective.

Edit- Looking at the site and adding one "side protector(s)" to the cart, it doesn't ask if I want a left or right, only what color. Is it confirmed that they are sold separately?
I'll shoot them an e-mail and ask them if they are sold separately. They are very responsive when asking questions and reply promptly.

I'll shoot them an e-mail and ask them if they are sold separately. They are very responsive when asking questions and reply promptly.
I already did that, and that's when they pointed out Toecutter's post to me, ands asked me to correct it, so's folks don't get the wrong impression.

Their specific response:

> I have just gone onto the forum and noticed that someone has posted > "it comes out to about $150.00 shipped for a full FJR kit" Even with a

> 15% discount and converting the cost to USD the price would actually

> be USD $225.00

If anyone wants in on this please send me a PM so I can get a head count. We need 10 orders to get a 15% discount. I will give them the names of those in the group buy and then you will order the products yourself and indicate you are in the group buy. They will then apply the 15% discount at the time of your order.

I have also posted this on another forum. So far I have about half the number of people I need to get to the min. of 10 orders. I'll leave this thread going for a couple more weeks and see what kind of response I get. If it doesn't seem to go well, I'll look into trying it again after the first of the year.

$216.96 - 15% = $184.42

Still... there is no other tank protector on the market that is this cool. The Geelong carbon fiber products are among the finest on the planet.

C'mon, guys.... if you want the very best you can put on your bike, you'll need to ante up! B)

I might be wrong here but shouldn't you discount the 15% before you convert it?

I've got about 6 people interested so far. Need 10 to make this happen. If you have any interest please PM me so I can get an accurate head count.

I wonder how much it costs to have a tank repainted?

I wonder how much it costs to get a brand new tank?

I wonder how much it costs to have a tank repainted?

I wonder how much it costs to get a brand new tank?

The problem with repainting the tank is when would you repaint it... after one scratch? maybe two? when it starts rusting at the scratches?

The cost of a new tank $602.38 If this discount doesn't fly I may just buy anyhow!