• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Possible Russell Day Long Group Buy 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR_Mikey

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm starting to put a list together on the Vulcan Bagger Forum for a RDL Group Buy this off-season. I am going to collect the names from that forum only to help keep me from accidentally excluding people.

If you are interested go to the thread at the following link:

My link

You will need to join the forum to send me a PM on that forum. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I won't be able to manage it from multiple forums. PMs about this sent on this forum will not be responded to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had full intentions of getting a RDL, this may well fit my timeline / budget.

OK all signed up and committed. I guess this is Christmas. Now I have to get the smuggler to go behind it ;)

Got some FJR 1300 brothers starting to chime in on my group buy. Thanks and keep 'em coming!! :yahoo:

Thanks for signing up for the stress this may cause you Mike. If and when our paths cross, A beverage of your choice is on me!

I paid full price last month and don't regret a penny of it. A week ago I wrapped up a 12 day, 4559 mile trip (two of the days at 1059 and 700+ miles) and I had absolutely NO pain in my butt. None the entire trip.

Good Day,

Signed up and PM sent

Glenn

Hello everyone!

I'm starting to put a list together on the Vulcan Bagger Forum for a RDL Group Buy this off-season. I am going to collect the names from that forum only to help keep me from accidentally excluding people.

If you are interested go to the thread at the following link:

My link

You will need to join the forum to send me a PM on that forum. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I won't be able to manage it from multiple forums. PMs about this sent on this forum will not be responded to.

I paid full price last month and don't regret a penny of it. A week ago I wrapped up a 12 day, 4559 mile trip (two of the days at 1059 and 700+ miles) and I had absolutely NO pain in my butt. None the entire trip.

That right there is a great testimonial. If you like riding all day, for days at a time...get the Russell.

I know I said on the other thread I wanted in, but now I must bow out unless the group buy includes seats for non-FJR's too. It would be crazy to sink that kinda money into a seat for my secondary bike.

I know I said on the other thread I wanted in, but now I must bow out unless the group buy includes seats for non-FJR's too. It would be crazy to sink that kinda money into a seat for my secondary bike.
TS1,

I am curious? So what is your main ride? I don't see why it wouldn't include other types just add it when you place the order. I don't think they will refuse the business and not doubt you will still get a discount.

Dave

Well... It seems I have some bad news. I spoke with Kim and she told me that RDL most likely will not do a group buy this year. She said they were back logged on orders and didn't think they would catch up in time to entertain a group buy this year.

Kim said that I could check back with her in the middle of November and see if they had changed their position on it, but right now it was doubtful. I asked her if it would be worth wild to continue collecting names and she said that it would probably turn out to be a waste of my time.

I asked the folks over on the Vulcan Bagger Forum for their opinion on whether or not I should keep the list going and the overwhelming answer was "yes".

I know they put the fellow on the GL1800 forum off right up until they started taking orders. There wasn't very much time in-between them giving an official thumbs up and them opening up the ordering process.

It would be hard for me as a business owner to say no to an organized 100+ customer sale during the slowest time of my retail year.

What the heck... I'm game if you guys are. I'll keep building the list and contact them again in the middle of November. Hopefully by then, I will be calling to tell them I have more than 100 orders ready to go. They can either say yes or no.

If you are on the list and decide to go ahead and schedule your order with Russell, please let me know via PM on the Vulcan Bagger Forum so I can remove you from the list.

As for me... I'm either ordering through a group buy or not at all. I rode in my Sargent on the FJR for an extra year waiting to to get in on a group buy and I'll do the same with the Corbin currently sitting upon my Voyager. My Airhawk R will make it more than tolerable.

Yep... I'm that cheap and that stubborn! :angry:

Since I have a "maybe it will maybe it won't" group buy effort going on with RDL right now, the administrators have rightfully moved this thread to the Parts and Accessories section. If I would have paid a little more attention to the guidelines to begin with, I would have saw that this section was the proper one from the start. If I'm lucky enough to get RDL to accept our request for the group buy next month, I'll see if admin will move it back to the Group Buy section.

Thanks to all for their interest...

Mike Williams