Whoa! Check out these highway pegs(?)!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
So the other day forum member Grumpy was in the test section attempting to post some photos I believe. Well anyways, to make a short story even shorter, I went nosing around his photobucket account and came up with the below gems. Certainly, uhhhh, interesting. I am sure they will receive lots of, ummmm, constructive critcism? But some of you may find Grumpy's solution useful. So without further adeiu..............

FJR + Wild Bill highway peg brackets + Barco Lounger =

front.jpg

leftrear.jpg

rightrear.jpg

leftfront.jpg

rightfront.jpg
ru

According to Grumpy, the ottomans are made by Mike Patch. [email protected] Any more info will have to come from Grumpy hisself.

So the other day forum member Grumpy was in the test section attempting to post some photos I believe. Well anyways, to make a short story even shorter, I went nosing around his photobucket account and came up with the below gems. Certainly, uhhhh, interesting. I am sure they will receive lots of, ummmm, constructive critcism? But some of you may find Grumpy's solution useful. So without further adeiu..............
FJR + Wild Bill highway peg brackets + Barco Lounger =

rightfront.jpg
ru

According to Grumpy, the ottomans are made by Mike Patch. [email protected] Any more info will have to come from Grumpy hisself.
Wow, a remote reservoir for foot pegs....

Hi Tek, baby!

rightrear.jpg

I feel strangely attracted to men's butts after seeing all this chrome.

:lol:

j/k... I'm sure they are, um, fabulous. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
WC...don't sweat it unless you get an incredible urge to wear ass less chaps :eek: ....then you can worry big time... :lol: ....nice barcalounger setup though....

OK, serious question: can these be reasonably deployed and/or retracted while underway? :unsure:
Naw, they stick out all the time.

Even though I only have a 30 inch inseam, after a couple of hours of riding my knees are really complaining, probably because I'm a geezer. I saw these on Mike Patch's BMW at the EOM in 2005 and wondered if they'd work on the FJR.....they do, at least for me.

I live in Western NC where we have lots of roads like the Dragons Tail and The Snake so my first concern was to make sure that the pegs would hit before the ottomans did. The stack up of the various brackets accomplishes this. Early on with a different set of brackets I did touch the ottoman. The only thing that happened was that it folded slightly. This makes sense when you realize that the brackets are all chrome plated (gay) and even though the bolts are pretty tight, the chrome on chrome makes an effective movable joint.

Warchild, you guys are dropping the pegs down to get the knees straighter. From my experience, these are a better solution.

jim

Grumpyswaitingtogo.jpg

I have not thought of something like that to rest the leg on. I like the idea...now how do I get those for the pillion? I'm comfy, but she would LOVE that.

I have not thought of something like that to rest the leg on. I like the idea...now how do I get those for the pillion? I'm comfy, but she would LOVE that.
Hey OV, it looks like the passengers are extended also !!

leftfront.jpg

Can we have a thread on ugliest farkle of the year ??? ( sorry Grumps ! ) :unsure:

Well, when his legs are deployed on the ottomans they will act as air scoops to keep his nads nice and cool. No burned chestnuts for 'ol Grumpy, that's for sure!

Hey...this is a farkle, not a sparkle. It serves a purpose and isn't any uglier than them Givi contraptions, or them dashboard things, or them aux gas tanks. Plus, it is bitchin cuz they don't scrape in the turns like them other ugly highway pegs.