Gary McCoy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimLor

Reaction score
Maybe I'm behind on this, but I just placed an order at U Motors looking for Gary - he's now the GM and Mike is running parts!

Do we still get the same prices if we ask for Mike??
Yes.

I have been dealing with Mike for several months now. Gary's promotion happened a while back. Same great service and prices.
+1 I have had the same experience as Skooter. No change in service or pleasantries.
I HAVE NOT had the same great service. Although the prices are still killer, Gary hasn't returned or forwarded emails a couple times, and they have dropped the ball on a couple orders. SO, contact Mile Kolstad at University Motors instead and he'll probably take good care of you. His email is [email protected] . You might get a better response using the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have the number to Univ Motors? Did a search on University Motors and Gary McCoy and got endless threads but no numbers.

I've had great service from Mike. Timely and to the point. And when I called to add a manual and some extras, there was no problem with the counterperson getting it added to the original order and shipped together.

I recently emailed Gary for a price quote and he forwarded my email to Mike. I received my quote same day. Called Mike and placed the order. This was my first buying experience with them and it will not be the last.

I just received an order from Univ Motors that I ordered from Mike. Same costumer service, same prompt delivery and same great prices. Nothing has changed "Same great place"

I ordered the EBCHH brake pads for the front and rear - prices were considerably less than what I saw on other websites to the tune of about 1/3 less. Don't have the prices in front of me, but rear was ~$22 and front was ~$46 (2 sets).

+1 to this ----> I ordered the EBCHH brake pads for the front and rear - prices were considerably less than what I saw on other websites to the tune of about 1/3 less. Don't have the prices in front of me, but rear was ~$22 and front was ~$46 (2 sets).

Those EBC pads put the WHOA on the bike!!

One week after I installed them I had a close encounter with a deer and hit the brakes HARD and nearly emasculated myself when I slid up on the tank!! Missed the deer by a good 10-15 feet though.

+1 for Mike. Ordered a bunch of small parts and later on a set of tires and was well taken care of. This was back in August or so.