2007 Volcano Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blufjr

blufjr
Reaction score
It is time to start thinking about the annual meeting at Windy Ridge on Mt. St. Helens. The date has been moved back one week to assure better weather and hopefully the snow will be all gone this year. June 16th. Last year the Forest Service wouldn't plow the road for 200 feet to allow traffic to get through. They had a front loader up there but clearing the road wasn't in the cards. This year will be extra special, for we will have five different colors to show off.

If anyone wants to provide hot dogs or some other refreshments, please provide the necessary means. And for all you others, just mark the calendar and make the ride. This is, hands down, one of the best twisty 95road areas available in the State of Washington and Oregon, especially west of the Cascades. Whether you come alone or with some friends (other bikes are always welcome) you will enjoy this area and the fantastic riding there.

VR-3_Title_page.jpg

Them coming:

(4) fjrcracker, blufjr, escapefjrtist, meosborn

(5) Stephen, TruWrecks, bikerskier+1, snowmonkey, Rev Ed

(5) 27 Man, dcatwater, EZVuer, Cascadefj, greg97224

(5) mrgalvin, IronMaiden, Tobie, BBQ , grendell

(3) jaffjrae, airbear, bbailey925, Craig

Last edited by a moderator:
Was bummed to have missed this last year due to another commitment. It's on my calendar, now. Thanks!

Nice roads in those parts, a little rough in places though. Yeah, I missed last year as well. It's on the calendar, we'll see what the summer brings. Thanks!

--G

Heck yeah!! I missed last year due to being deployed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll be able to make this one.

I will be recovering from a summit (hopefully) of Mt. Adams, but this ride is definitely worth it. We went later after the roads were clear, and while it's true some are rough, it's some remote riding that's pretty sweet, and the view from Windy Ridge (especially up the stairs) is killer. I have a great panorama I took up there.

Jeff

Anyone interested in a long sleeve shirt to commerate the third Volcano Ride? Small quanity, lots of graphics, lots of money? :yahoo:

Here is one for starters: All black shirt with silver, grey, grey-brown and blue-black colors. Just using the picture you see above as the basis for the line images. A little work could make the FJR come off a little better. I did this quick and simple.
St_Helen_FJR_SHIRT_sm.jpg

Please vote yay or nay. Got to get lots to get the price down. If anyone has done this and have a good shoppe to do the work, let me know.

Anyone interested in a long sleeve shirt to commerate the third Volcano Ride? Small quanity, lots of graphics, lots of money? :yahoo:
Please vote yay or nay. Got to get lots to get the price down. If anyone has done this and have a good shoppe to do the work, let me know.
I applaud your initiative :clapping: , but I'm going to pass. I hope to make the ride, but I have to save my pennies for Park City the next month.

We will make the ride but we will also pass on the shirt.

chet and ren

My monthly reminder, for those that have automatic notifications, Annual 2007 Volcano Ride at Mt. St. Helens, June 16th. Don't forget your lunch.

Just a reminder that this Meet is located at Windy Ridge because it is a common ride for Pacific Northwestern’r and is intended to be a day of riding. The two hour social, show and tell and sack lunch at the top is just another place to actually meet those on this forum. Main reason for this ride is to Ride and enjoy the mountains. There are currently about 16 indicating that they will be there, so with the dropouts and those that haven't indicated yet, we should have at least 16 of use. With the weather good, those numbers should climb higher. After all, at VR-1 in the wind and rain we had 12 and a couple that came after we left.

If you haven't been to Windy Ridge, you should not miss this get together, as the location offers some of the best scenery and twisty roads in the PNW.