2007 Volcano Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Count me in. Sunday, my wife and I were at the Road Closed area from the 25 road to the 99 roads. There were three small gravel areas across the road from damage that have not been paved. There was a couple of logging operations that were wrapping up, one that cleared an area and one that was thinning out trees.

All in all the road was about par for being normal, although there hadn't been much traffic yet, so there was quite a bit of debris on the road still.

Here is a picture, we only started seeing snow the last coupel of miles. (hopefully I did it right)

FJR5.jpg

bbaily,

Nice picture. The roads are like that when they are clearing the brush from the sides of the road. They started that project last year. Now can you tell me, if you are with the barricade signs or the FJR? You blend so well.

Look forward to seeing you there. Bring your lunch.

Ken

blufjr

Good News. FR 25 was opened this week. That's three week ahead of last year. FR 99 to Windy Ridge isn't open yet, but based on prior years, it should be opened anywhere from a week to two weeks, JUST in time for the Volcano Ride. Ya hoo. Get those bikes shined up and start planning on a great day of riding. Remember, the ride is the objective, meeting at Windy Ridge is second. Just enjoy the ride. Don't forget your lunch. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to the ride! Am interested in the shirts if that is still a go. Anyone interested in meeting for breakfast in Naches on the way up?

Rev Ed

As long as the plans hold together I'm still in. Will be coming up from the tri-cities, probably leaving at 6:30 or so. Any specific idea for B-fast? Anywhere around Yakima or Naches would work....

--G

I'm out. :(

In the middle of a move, daughter has a t-ball game that morning (I've missed too many already this season) and wife has inflexible plans that have me on daughter duty all day long.

Have a great time - will see some of you at WFO.

I was thinking that the Drifter in Naches (Conaco station, store & great food cafe) around 8:00am should work.

Rev Ed

I was thinking that the Drifter in Naches (Conaco station, store & great food cafe) around 8:00am should work.Rev Ed
Sounds as good as any. I'll be there 8 ish providing.... nothing comes up. I'm known to be punctual, so if I'm not there don't wait...

--G

I think I will stop at the Subway in Woodland to pick up a sandwich. I should be there around 8:30 am. If anyone wants to meet up for the ride up up to Windy Ridge, See you there.

B)

Ken

I'm gonna try like Hell to make it there. I've been there several times and this time with FJR friends...

I hope I don't get there too early... you know how those FJR's like to go fast... LOL

Looking forward to the event... anything to get to ride!!!

C U all there...

I'll be at the Burgerville around 8:00'ish for b'fast if anyone is interested...

Here is the last posting on the Gifford-Pinchot Nat. Forest Site:

06/08/07: Closed and gated. This road should open by late June.

We will meet at the Wakepish, assembly area site at the "T" of FR 25 and FR 99. There are toilets there. I have seen this before where the road to Windy Ridge was actually open but the Web Site said it was closed. I think they do this so they can do work on or beside the road and have very little traffic. Don't forget to get your parking permit and bring your lunch.

Last year, FR25 was gated at the intersection with FR93, but one of the gates was wide open and Bob McInnis and I road all the way to the snow near Wakepish.

IIR, This is the first time in the last 6 years that FR 99 has not been open by June 15th.

Ken:

Turns out that my daughter is coming this weekend as its Father's Day. Will be at the Drift in Naches for breakfast at 8:00 and see how much riding I can get it before noon. Hate to miss out but I only have one daughter!

Rev Ed

WWW.WEATHER.COM for Cougar, WA, June 16, 2007

7am Mostly Cloudy

51°F

49°F 10% 46°F 83% From NW 5 mph

8am Mostly Cloudy

52°F

50°F 10% 46°F 80% From NW 6 mph

9am Mostly Cloudy

53°F

51°F 10% 46°F 77% From NW 6 mph

10am Partly Cloudy

55°F

54°F 10% 46°F 72% From NW 6 mph

11am Partly Cloudy

57°F

56°F 10% 46°F 67% From WNW 6 mph

12pm Partly Cloudy

59°F

58°F 10% 46°F 62% From WNW 7 mph

1pm Partly Cloudy

61°F

61°F 10% 46°F 58% From WNW 8 mph

2pm Partly Cloudy

63°F

63°F 10% 46°F 54% From WNW 9 mph

Partly Cloudy is better said: Mostly Sunny!

:yahoo:

Any riders from the Portland area heading into this area Sat AM? I am meeting a friend over by the airport around 9 AM. We are taking Hwy 14 East to Carson and then Hwy 30 & 25 up to Windy Ridge or if not open up to Randle and back. Any one wanting to join up is totally welcome!

Ralph

503-816-1201