Garmin 27xx sunshade in a pinch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
All you need is a Glad food storage container, a little black Krylon fusion paint, and a couple of velcro stick on squares. Cut off the top, the bottom, and one side and you end up with something like this. The volume measurements on the top even add a little stylistic touch. Tested for over 500 miles with no problem.

DSCF2108.jpg

DSCF2114.jpg

A picture of two of the children while I'm at it.... :D

DSCF2117.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The container I used was 16 oz I think but some of them vary in depth and have the same outside dimension....deeper sunshade, deeper depth.

I bought a piece of ABS from the local hobby shop, used a heat gun, trimmed the edges for shape and cut out the switch location.

I attached it with 2 pieces of velcro. Looks inexpensive and it is. <$8

P1010417.jpg

P1010418.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Frugal is good. I'm going to raid my wife's 'cabinet full of plastic stuff' and see if I can find something that fits.

Frugal is good. I'm going to raid my wife's 'cabinet full of plastic stuff' and see if I can find something that fits.
Yeah, and that stuff always seem to vanish anyway, so she won't miss it. :)

Slick idea, Axeman. It looks good in the photos. I may muck around with something similar for my Zumo.