Honeymoon FJR Trip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew231506

0 Posts Per Day
Reaction score
UPDATED BLOG 7-4

I wanted to post my trip here, any route ideas are welcome and I hope some of you follow along on my ride! I just posted my route on the blog I created for this trip. I'll of course check in with the forum as I go as well. So those of you that know whats out there on the coast please chime in with some "must see" roads and scenery! I'm going to try to update the blog every day or so with video, pics, maps, and some good stories!

Honeymoon Trip Blog

We are shipping the FJR to Seattle, Washington where we will met her on June 14th. After spending a day or so in Seattle we’ll gear up and head out. Making our way through Mt. Ranier, Mt St Helens, our first look at the Pacific Coast and eventually to Crater Lake Oregon where we’ll spend a couple of days. After leaving Crater Lake we’ll travel back towards the coast to see Redwood National Park. Continuing down the coast to Drury Scenic Dr., hwy 101, and hwy 1. Eventually crossing the Golden Gate Bridge into San Francisco where we’ll stay a few days in luxury. Back on the bike to see the Big Sur and our final destination…The Wynn, Las Vegas!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Disregard old cranky man Barabus comment Drew.. That sounds like a great ride, one in a lifetime. Enjoy.

I noticed on your map that it looks like you're going around Rainier along 410 & then 123 south to Hwy 12. I think 123 may be closed all year this year due to damage from last falls storms. If that's the case, you can continue on over on 410 to Naches then back over White pass. Will add a few miles though (20-30 miles as a guess and White Pass is scenic also.

Jim

Oh yeah, looks like a great trip. Have fun.

Hi drew,When you get into calif. down below eureka try and go through rockafeller forest.

It's got some of the oldest old growth coastal redwood trees,they are magnificent.

I visited the area and I'm sure some of these cal guys can give you some real great points of interest.

When in sanfran you might want to take one of the ferry tours around the bay.

They are located down on the water near fishermans wharf.

They're are also a lot of seafood restuarants down there that have stands set up on the street selling their food.

San Francisco is a different kinda neat place to visit.

Don't forget to take the cablecars.They're a blast to ride on.Have fun.

Disregard old cranky man Barabus comment Drew.. That sounds like a great ride, one in a lifetime. Enjoy.
Perhaps Barabus is jealous, because his wife doesn't ride on the back of his bike anymore? but I see his point. About 50 miles on the back of any bike is enough for me. I want to ride on the front seat.

Hope you guys have a wonderful, safe trip. You're going to love Crater Lake and the CA coastline. The views are breathtaking.

Jill

South of Eureka, a MUST ride is "The Avenue of the Giants". If you can....ride into the Humboldt Redwoods. It's so dark is some places that pictures won't come out because you need flash...jaw-dropping gorgeous.

Coming down Hwy 1, Fort Ross is a historic site...the Southernmost penetration of the Russians before USA made the Alaska Purchase.

There are just too many good roads and side trips that some more local people can tell you about North of San Francisco.

Hwy 1 below Monterey heading toward Big Sur is lovely. By all means stop in San Simeon and tour the Hearst Castle (The last tour is 2:30 or 3:00).

You know we are all jealous of your trip and congratulating you on your soon-to-be nuptuals!

Plan on stopping at a divorce attorney at about day 15-18. Good luck!
Quick easy divorces here in Reno .....and good rodes to ride ...especially when not lugging a pillion around.
LOL

...just kidding, the roads are good 2-up as well.

just one question...have you ever taken a longer trip (10day or 2 week mcy trip) with your fiancee before now? If not...unreasonable trip expectations can ruin a good trip. Hope it all works out great and you have the time of your life...I'm jes askin' :)

I'm with Wheaton on this one. While the trip sounds great (wish it were me), what types of rides have you and your fiancee taken before? All in all, however, the two of you are just going to have to remember to be flexible since you never know what you are going to come upon on the road (or if something happens to the bike, etc).

Have a great trip! I'll look forward to some ride photos, etc!

Congratulations Drew!

I imagine as long as the two of you have been together you have everything worked out just fine.

Mike and I had an amazing motorcycle trip honeymoon. Although I can't imagine keeping up with a blog while on the trip.

Good luck and enjoy each other :)

Drew you may want to consider this and rank it hight on your list for her.

Look at your trip and divide it up so the little woman gets days off. Say ride 4 days take a day off,

than ride another 4 to 5 days and give the little woman another day off. Remember you do not want to try and wear her out before she gets started. Have a back up plan just in case she does feel vry comfy on the bike and be ready to let her fly home just in case.

best of luck on your trip the two of you.......... :) :D

Although I can't imagine keeping up with a blog while on the trip.
I'd forgotten he began a blog. Doh! :dribble: I was thinking along the lines that he could get some locals to PM him for short-cuts, ideas, favorite roads, restaurants, etc.

Although I can't imagine keeping up with a blog while on the trip.
I'd forgotten he began a blog. Doh! :dribble: I was thinking along the lines that he could get some locals to PM him for short-cuts, ideas, favorite roads, restaurants, etc.
Do the members of this forum REALLY want to read a blog about a honeymoon? I mean, all that 'after-ride-socializing' kinda stuff? Yes, I guess they do. Forget blogging about the ride, these guys want to read about afterwards. :wub: