fjr exhaust music

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vandy

Reaction score
ok im looking for someone with a decent camcorder or at least audio... and someone that will be at a fjr get together of somekind.....I know this will take a little time but i think it would be of great interest to alot of us fjr owners expecially the ones that have not yet swapped to aftermarket exhaust but are thinking about doing it... Ii would like someone to take about 30 second sound bite vidios of the most common after market exhaust systyms making a little noise ... maybe a couple throttle blips.. a drive away and maybe a drive by... then we could have a vote to what sounds the best. I would love to do it but living in Oklahoma i might not make it too one this year.. Do we have any takers that might be up for the challenge??

I guess i should have added does anyone else think this is a good idea and is there any decent sound bites out there to here now? .. Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just sent this great link for the exhausts from aussy fjr sight.. https://fjr13.org/documents/70.html ..

They cover the oem... devil... two brothers... leo vinci... staintune... and holeshots...

Are they missing any or is that preaty much all of the...

I kind of like the Two brothers best followed by devil and staintune.

COOL!

yellow.jpg

great site. I road with a guy that had a remus w/o the baffles, it was too loud. He was going to take them off. Said they got annoying on long trips.

ok this is a old video i shot but here is what the the FJR with the Blue Flames sounds like...

JDog, love those pipes. Question, are the baffles in or out on the YouTube video? And isn't there a total of 4 baffles in the dual outlets? Thanks, PM. <>< :unsure:

FWIW- My Remus with the baffles in (installed) I feel is barely louder than stock.

On the slab over about 50 mph, I can't see any difference.

Which is exactly what I wanted!

there seems too be alot of after market exhausts out there.. at least alot more than i thought..

the list of audio is now up to 8 and hoping to hear a remus soon.

so far i have devil / two brothers / leo vinci / staintune / holeshots / blue flame / D&D and oem.

unfortunitly the one i like the sound of so far is two brothers... the $1500 unit..

it just beats about 5 others for first by a touch...

I seem to like the lower tone in the bikes exhaust more then the high reving area of the music

More like a big block vs a turbo... both sound great its just the sound im looking for but i wouldnt mind finding something that is even a little deaper than the two brothers if i can find it

Thanks for your help so far and if there is any more out there let me know please... if i know the name of the exhaust i might have a better chance of locating the audio file on it.

Vandy,

I really don't think an audio file is going to give you the full perspective of what the system is going to be like on your bike. As in my earlier post I have the Remus sytem. I like the way it sounds, in that it is barely over stock, maybe a little more in the bass rumble area than stock but not much. But I like the looks of the 2Bros. much better but they are very, very loud. I'd would have had a 2b if they were a bit quieter.

D&Ds at Mark Johnson's site.

Probably the most complete coverage of any option out there.

A lot more than just multiple audio clips:

bikes n spikes

D&D is very price competitive.

Two Bros CF is probably the best looking cans.

HoleShot probably did the most homework in tuning.

Muzzy struggled early with scraping, but they worked through the bend shape.

So, yet another valid option.

Vandy,
I really don't think an audio file is going to give you the full perspective of what the system is going to be like on your bike. As in my earlier post I have the Remus sytem. I like the way it sounds, in that it is barely over stock, maybe a little more in the bass rumble area than stock but not much. But I like the looks of the 2Bros. much better but they are very, very loud. I'd would have had a 2b if they were a bit quieter.
With all due respet......an audio file will give the 'listener' a better indication of what they could expect, when compared to the written word about how a particular product sounds.

Unless Vandy has the opportunity to go to a FJR area meet, there is not a lot of opportunities for him to do direct comparisons, let alone remember what one exhaust sounded like last week in another state/city/town etc when compared to the one he is listening to today, or the unit he will hear tomorrow/next week.

At least with multiple audio files Vandy will have some indication on what to expect.

I purchased my DW slip-ons and only had the DW website audio/video to go by. The sound is VERY close to the real deal.

Each to their own.

Vandy,
With all due respet......an audio file will give the 'listener' a better indication of what they could expect, when compared to the written word about how a particular product sounds.

Unless Vandy has the opportunity to go to a FJR area meet, there is not a lot of opportunities for him to do direct comparisons, let alone remember what one exhaust sounded like last week in another state/city/town etc when compared to the one he is listening to today, or the unit he will hear tomorrow/next week.

At least with multiple audio files Vandy will have some indication on what to expect.

I purchased my DW slip-ons and only had the DW website audio/video to go by. The sound is VERY close to the real deal.

Each to their own.

You are absolutely correct!

Had I not been able to see and hear the Remus, there is no way I would have them now. I had the opportunity to see and hear many different systems at WFO-6 last summer. And somewhere I had heard a sound file for the 2B system which I was very close to getting. But up close and personnal it was too loud for me, which is why I went with the Remus.

My only point is that until you get to actually hear whatever system you are thinking about, you will always be some what suprised by purchasing from an audio sound file.