Foggy Face Guard

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
I just had my first morning ride with the Foggy Face Guard that I installed last night. I have to say that it works as advertised. I was able to ride with the shield down the whole time. No fogging whatsoever, even when I tried while stopped. The plastic nose piece acts a bit like the opposite of a breathe-right strip, but for the benefit of a clear shield I found it worth the discomfort. The guard stays in the helmet with velcro and makes it a little more inconvenient to don and doff but, once again, it's worth the trouble, IMO. It also may cause some interference with your brand of sunglasses, but not mine (Oakley M-Frame). I haven't yet integrated it with my helmet mic, but don't imagine it's going to be much of an issue. It seems like a great alternative to one of the double shield kits, and definitely far better than a dangerous foggy shield or having to run with it open in the cold or wet weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo Toe,

I had a lot of trouble with fog a few weeks ago, varied from blind and warm to clear & brain frozen on my 130 mile 3:30 am work commute.

Knew I was going to have trouble but couldn't locate my 25 yr. old elephant man mask for the trip, its probably at the other house,seems like most things are when I need them.

I just popped for one of these based on your review, having it attached should keep it from getting lost until spring anyway. Thanks for the tip!

-Ross

Completely agree TC. The Foggy is great for full face helmet. I wish they would work out a designe for the flips.

Nolan N100 flip comes with a removal breath guard and the pin lock antifog.

Pretty simple. Works great.

Hate the highway noise from the Nolan though.

Last edited by a moderator:
:) Thanks for the info Toecutter. I just ordered one from the website. No more visor up on those cold mornings. Painman. <><

I agree, I 've been using one for about a year now, and it works just as advertised... I can puff all I want when it's cold out, and my faceshield stays nice and clear.... :D

Fog City Sheilds work great.

They scratch pretty easily, but they are less than $20.

Optics aren't bad. I put a new one on every year.

... I can puff all I want when it's cold out, and my faceshield stays nice and clear....  :D
Seems like the neoprene would be prone to getting holes burned in it. ;) I never even considered trying to get anything lit or puffed on while in motion. I'm just not that good.

Bauch and Lomb makes an anti-fog spray cleaner that works good too. IIRC it is just regular cleaner with a few drops of silicone. You could make up your own if you had silicone.....

Another use for those used implants! :D

I just had my first morning ride with the Foggy Face Guard that I installed last night. I have to say that it works as advertised. I was able to ride with the shield down the whole time. No fogging whatsoever, even when I tried while stopped. The plastic nose piece acts a bit like the opposite of a breathe-right strip, but for the benefit of a clear shield I found it worth the discomfort. The guard stays in the helmet with velcro and makes it a little more inconvenient to don and doff but, once again, it's worth the trouble, IMO. It also may cause some interference with your brand of sunglasses, but not mine (Oakley M-Frame). I haven't yet integrated it with my helmet mic, but don't imagine it's going to be much of an issue. It seems like a great alternative to one of the double shield kits, and definitely far better than a dangerous foggy shield or having to run with it open in the cold or wet weather.
+1000 0n the Foggy! Looks cool too. :D

Does it cover your mouth as well? I am just wondering if it will interfere with my autocom microphone....

Do any of the anti-fog sprays work?

Tech Update Foggy Masks rev 5.1.01

The following Crash helmets will not work with the Foggy Mask

AGV R series

If you have a crash helmet which is not compatible with the 'Integral' Foggy Mask, then we can supply an original version called the 'Original' Foggy Mask (see picture below). This is a version that is worn on the face and is simply fastened at the back of the neck. It has the same shape as the Integral Foggy Mask and functions in exactly the same way The original foggy does not rely on the side pieces fastening to the helmet and therefore cannot remain in the crash helmet when not in use. This product is only available from Respro® directly and is designed to assist those people whose helmets cannot be accommodated by the Integral Foggy mask.

Does it cover your mouth as well? I am just wondering if it will interfere with my autocom microphone....
The foggy sticks to the very front of the helmet and continues around the inside until the straps. Since the Autocom mic is mounted on a stiff boom, the boom could only be routed through the bottom, since the top is sealed to prevent fogging.

follow the link to see how the foggy works.

www.respro.com/urbancommuting