Techmount to Touratech

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brazos parker

What??
Reaction score
I posed this question to Techmount via e-mail on 1/10 but have not gotten an answer. Well, they did answer by saying they'd have to get the drawings from Touratech but didn't answer my question directly.

I want to put a Touratech locking mount on a Techmount stand between the bars of my bike to add a Garmin 2720 GPS.

My question is this: Does Techmount or Touratech have a universal or specific mounting plate to mate the Techmount to a Touratech (for a 2720)? Or, do I have to drill the Techmount plate to match up w/ the Touratech?

I'd like to order everything at once if such a plate is available. And, I can't believe I'm the first person to ask this question. Since I haven't yet purchased any of the above items, I'm hoping this is not a dumba$$ question. :blink:

Any help (including pictures) would be appreciated. TIA.

P.S. I've read the recent thread about Techmounts but didn't want to hijack that thread.

MM2 has this setup and I think he ended up drilling his techmount plate to match the hole pattern of the touratech. There may even be a predrilled plate to match the touratech, which you could only determine once you know the hole centers. I looked at the touratech site, but did not see any reference to mounting holes.

After looking at this image, I would guess that the techmount accessory plate P# 60991 will work with it.

01-065-0068-01.jpg

60991_bmw.jpg