GPS Mount?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronMaiden

Reaction score
I did a quick search and found no results, so sorry if this has been addressed before.

On my '06 I am using a Big Mac tank bag that hinges forward between the handle bars when I fuel up.

I have a Garmin 2610 & tourtech locking mount...

question: What solution have you come up with for mounting your garmin? If I mount it between the handle bars, then I'll need a new tank bag.

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Hey Lisa,

Wow that's quite the tank bag! Dang. Ok so it doesn't look possible to put the GPS in the middle. Then I would suggest putting it on the left handlebar. Take a look at my thread, scroll halfway down the first page to get to the pics and look at where I put my J&M system. I would use those same 2 bolts if I were you.

Hi Lisa,
Here's my solution for Garmin Quest:

*Garmin mount*

Thanks, Kaj,

That looks great, but my tank bag takes up that space when I hinge it open to fuel the bike. If I change tank bags, that would be a great place. Is it easy to get to your ignition when the GPS is mounted there?

L

Take a look at my thread, I would use those same 2 bolts if I were you.
Thanks Chik,

My husband found another screw hole under a cap on the left handlebar. It looks like we'll go with a left handlebar mount. I'll take the bike to our fabricator when we get home from Hyder & see what he can come up with for us.

Thanks again for your help,

Lisa

Try the RAM mount on the Clutch perch or or Brake M/C. I have a friend who has it there. Mine is on the Stem nut that was redrilled and tapped to accept a RAM ball. Works great! Here's a pic of the perch mount and a link where to get it if interested. Scroll down the pg. to it.

https://www.cycoactive.com/ram/parts.html

GRA1BJ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lisa, this solution works very well for me. Here is my mount for my 276C. It consists of the Garmin

cradle, the stem stand nut, Ram balls, arm and plate. The various length

of Ram arms make it simple to adjust the height for various tank bag

configuration and riding requirements. It is stable and easy to use. ymmv.

Tinker

th_MVC-010S.jpg

th_MVC-013S.jpg

Go on, keep yur head level, I want to watch. Sorry about the rotation.

Having fun yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
:rolleyes: Lisa, thanks for the info on the mount this is some thing i have been looking for can you tell me

where can you buy the stem stand nut that will fits on the 2006 FJR ?

thanks

joelmoto