0 to 100 MPH in....?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Burleigh

Reaction score
Just wondering.... The quarter mile doesn't mean anything to me. Anyway, I think Silent and I on the way back from NAFO did a couple of runs in the desert, counting off till we hit 100, but I disremember the results. DD

IIRC the magazine tests said zero to 100 = 7.02 seconds. Not bad! Putting you and Silent together you should go twice as fast! Just draft. Good to chat at you big guy!

Just wondering.... The quarter mile doesn't mean anything to me. Anyway, I think Silent and I on the way back from NAFO did a couple of runs in the desert, counting off till we hit 100, but I disremember the results. DD
Oh man,

Jimmy B, --you're just going to embarrass the gen2 folks with this thread. Not very nice, not nice at all.

Truly, gen1 folks should be more humble about the vastly superior performance of their bikes. Comes with maturity, you'll get there.

Oh man,

Jimmy B, --you're just going to embarrass the gen2 folks with this thread. Not very nice, not nice at all.

Truly, gen1 folks should be more humble about the vastly superior performance of their bikes. Comes with maturity, you'll get there.
Yea Right!!!

My father just picked up an 04 and it is faster than my 06 by a decent amount. Oh well, I just have to go faster in the corners then.

Truly, gen1 folks should be more humble about the vastly superior performance of their bikes
Real mature RJ.

Don't worry you'll get there.

Here's my best:

10.894s @ 126.76mph

0-60mph: 2.88s

0-100mph: 6.59s

0-120mph: 9.79s

That's with Holeshot header, Remus Hexacones, modified air box and custom fuel mapping.

Here's my best:
10.894s @ 126.76mph

0-60mph: 2.88s

0-100mph: 6.59s

0-120mph: 9.79s

That's with Holeshot header, Remus Hexacones, modified air box and custom fuel mapping.
Seems from what I have seen that unless a pro rider is on the bike, that's about as fast as any one of us is gonna make it there. Personally, I would never ride that fast. It's dangerous and could be against the law. :blink:

But my fastest 0-100mph time is strangely not from my fastest run:

11.015s @124.62mph

0-60mph: 3.01s

0-100mph: 6.53s

0-120mph: 9.73s

Oh man,

You're hilarious. Maybe you should try doing stand up? :)

I took my bike to an unpopulated road last year east of Denver. Traveled up and down the road several times to get the layout, potential hazards, etc. Choose a spot with a well-identified landmark to remind me to lay off the throttle and slow down. In the 1st run I reached 130...not zipping at high rpm's but fast enough. In the 2nd run I decided to go full monty and keep high rpm's while I shifted. Got to 140 in the time it took to take 2-3 breaths. Then a cross wind picked up. The bike shook a little and I immediately, and gently, let off the throttle.

Driving back home at the speed limit seemed like walking in the park... B)

I have no empirical data to answer your question. But this bike is fast enough to 3 digits and beyond...

Last edited by a moderator:
My father just picked up an 04 and it is faster than my 06 by a decent amount. Oh well, I just have to go faster in the corners then.
Hey Speed3, I'd reckon your 06 needs a tune & your Dad is faster when it comes to opening the taps. Experience counts.

By the way, even if their was the remote possibility & I mean a 1 in a billion chance the 04 was slightly faster, don't let RJ or RH

get wind of this. The crap will just keep spewing forth, akin to volcano Eyjafjallajokull. :D

Hey Speed3, I'd reckon your 06 needs a tune & your Dad is faster when it comes to opening the taps. Experience counts.

By the way, even if their was the remote possibility & I mean a 1 in a billion chance the 04 was slightly faster, don't let RJ or RH

get wind of this. The crap will just keep spewing forth, akin to volcano Eyjafjallajokull. :D
2late, 2wheel. :p

Hey Speed3, I'd reckon your 06 needs a tune & your Dad is faster when it comes to opening the taps. Experience counts. By the way, even if their was the remote possibility & I mean a 1 in a billion chance the 04 was slightly faster, don't let RJ or RH

In this area it doesn't really have much to do with experience unfortunatly. I'm a "OK rider" and been around the block once or twice.

His bike is certainly faster...5th gear roll on's he jumps a bike or so ahead and continue's to pull. Same result running through the gears. My 06 has 800 miles on it, maybe when it breaks-in this gap wont be as large. The 04 just has an air filter and PCIII and mine is bone stock. I've probably got 35 lbs on him but on a 600lb bike, thats nothing.

I'm not complaining about it...just stating the facts. Maybe I just have a dud LOL.