'03 tickers!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTSR1/FJR

Gort - Klaatu barada nikto!
Reaction score
Not that I have one, but just in case mine does develope the dreaded "TICK", has anyone had theirs fixed at mama Yamaha expense, meaning out of warranty, but still fixed? If so what did you have to do to get them to do it?

I have an 04 out of warrenty and no yes. I just mentioned that mine was ticking to the service tech at the local dealership and he said to bring it in so he could check it out. Replaced the guides and exhaust values all at yamaha's expense.

+1, 04 no yes- Yamaha replaced entire head at 12k in Feb 05. Cypress sent a factory tech to local dealer in N. Ca. Did the work in one day and took old head to be shipped back to Japan for a analysis. I was even the second owner, 25k now, so far so good.

My only question is that I paid extra for my YES but Yamaha seems to be fixing those that carry no warranty, which is better than Yamaha recalling the whole lot. Will they continue to fix a machine even when the YES warranty has expired and it has already been fixed, in some cases twice as of this date?

I'm just wondering if the cause isn't the cats generating heat up stream to effect the guides. If so, condition will resurface at a later date, even if repaired. Seems funny only the exhaust guides are being effected and I've heard they're the same as the intakes. Same seals also. Only difference is the heat that the guides are being subjected to. Hummm.....maybe a decatting in the future for me to avoid the Dreaded "Tick"!! Hope it's not too late.