04 OEM windshield height

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droptail

Reaction score
What is the height measured from the center mounting hole?

The one my bike came with measures 18.25" tall. I'm wondering if that is the tall Yamaha one.

Thanks

Doh! I came into this thread from a "back door" and didn't see the year of your bike.

I'll go measure my OEM and post the info here.

--------------------------------------------

My OEM windshield is 16 1/2" from the center mounting hole.

It sounds like you have the infamous "AHAMAY" windshield. Yamaha's larger option through which the rider can see "YAMAHA" backwards.

You'd have to compare it with an OEM screen to see if it matches the profile. Most aftermarket windshields don't have the small side "wings".

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the height measured from the center mounting hole?
The one my bike came with measures 18.25" tall. I'm wondering if that is the tall Yamaha one.

Thanks
I have the Yamaha touring (tall) shield on my 04 right now. Its 18.25" from middle hole to the top. Also has "YAMAHA" on the lower end of it. Sounds like you have the tall Yamaha shield.

Scott

Looks like it came with the taller screen. I am still going taller as I want it more quiet.

I will get the original to try around locally.

Thanks

love my Gen I cal sci...only shield I could find with holes in it to prevent differing pressures between the front and back of the shield...I have the medium which is appropriate for hot temps in the deep south...you may want a larger shield

I called Mark at Cal Sci who helped walk me through the choice of size...he was right on the money and I'm very satisfied with my whole experience and his product...designed by an aeronautical engineer and all that

I had the stock and tall Yammy shields and the cal sci is infinitely better in my experience

https://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FJR1300prod.html

Looks like it came with the taller screen. I am still going taller as I want it more quiet.I will get the original to try around locally.

Thanks

i find the yamaha touring shield works great early spring thru late fall.. the rest of the time a V-stream is the shileld i run along the gulf coast area.

HINT:

Be careful tightening the plastic mounting screws, the are made to shear off if you ever go over the bars, so don't monkey fist them when replacing the shields.

i don't have the part numbers handy, but having a few spares is suggested.

cadman