04 seat mod for lowering?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dexter10

Reaction score
I know this has been talked about over and over, but wondered if we could revisit the topic of lowering an 04 FJR. As you guessed I am on the shorter end so I need 2-3" of lowering to be flat footed and also let the bike have a lower center of gravity. I have seen the kouba links and also posts on shaving some seat foam.

1) anyone have pics or instructions on shaving the seat?

2) by putting the links in will I have to mod anything else?

thanks!

I know this has been talked about over and over, but wondered if we could revisit the topic of lowering an 04 FJR. As you guessed I am on the shorter end so I need 2-3" of lowering to be flat footed and also let the bike have a lower center of gravity. I have seen the kouba links and also posts on shaving some seat foam.
1) anyone have pics or instructions on shaving the seat?

2) by putting the links in will I have to mod anything else?

thanks!
seems they changed the bottom of the seat in 06 ect so I really need some insite here for the 2004... someone??? anyone????

If you put in the links, you'll have to slide the forks up in the triple clamp as well.

I just ordered a used Corbin "close" seat. This one is supposed to sit you a little closer to the ground. I'll let you know how that works out. There is also a guy that some others here have had good luck with modifying their seats. greatdaytoride.com Maybe you could take the stock seat to a local upholster shop & have them give it a try?

Hope this helps

If you put in the links, you'll have to slide the forks up in the triple clamp as well.
I just ordered a used Corbin "close" seat. This one is supposed to sit you a little closer to the ground. I'll let you know how that works out. There is also a guy that some others here have had good luck with modifying their seats. greatdaytoride.com Maybe you could take the stock seat to a local upholster shop & have them give it a try?

Hope this helps
thanks zom!