"05" Honda RC51

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niehart

Pie Smuggler
Reaction score
I found a very clean 05 RC51, 14,000 miles and just body parts & rims upgraded. Pipes are even original.

I need a little feed back on the bike. Seems like it would be way to much fun & would make a hell of a good track bike.

I found a very clean 05 RC51, 14,000 miles and just body parts & rims upgraded. Pipes are even original.
I need a little feed back on the bike. Seems like it would be way to much fun & would make a hell of a good track bike.
They make a better track bike than the VTR1000F Superhawk I had but they are a heavy bike compaired to a CBR1000. The V Twin torque is more fun than a barrel of monkeys on a jump-a-roo. For a streat bike to play around on you should be pretty happy with it. Jardine, Akrapove (spelling??) make cans for it and team honda used Jardines in the early 2000's. GO for it!

Yes. Buy it. :clapping: If you don't like it give it to me. Or you could just buy it for me anyways! :rolleyes:

I am considereing getting into the whole track day thing myself and might be considering a 51. Nothing out there is like a twin!

A good friend had one for a couple of years...he thought it was a bit heavy for the track. In summer traffic it overheats like a bitch - them side radiators ain't designed for idling in a line of cars in the Hwy 50 canyons on a Sunday with Tahoe traffic backed up for 30 miles and no way to split past it all.

Otherwise he loved it and it does handle well, and is fast enough to get it done...

I raced one for a while and missed a championship by one point!

Great bikes. If you buy it and want some set-up pointers just PM me. I've still got my '03 even though I don't race that one anymore. Cheers.

Keithaba, priced at $9200.00.
Buy a brand new 2007 CBR 1000
I am going to have to agree with that. Or a GSXr 750 if you want a track bike.

They are VERY different bikes than the RC51 though. I imagine the RC51 would be fun for real world assuming that the twin has more torque down low.

If you really want the RC51, (it is a sweet looking ride) then go for it!

...or buy a leftover 06 CBR. There are still some 06s to be had.

I think for a beginner track bike the CBR600 is also something to look at.

The CBRs, I think, are a better setup for the track.

If this is your first track bike I would I would advise against it. A CBR 600 RR is a much lighter, quicker turning bike and will be faster on short tracks than an RC51. the RC is a great bike, but it has a very rigid frame, and lots of torque. I had one on the track a few times and liked it but its the kind of bike that commands a litttle more attention than the above mentioned 600. On the street its great, but the ergos are a torture chamber in my opinion. newer gsxr 750 or 1000 more comfortable. price sounds a little high.