06-07 question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Parr

Reaction score
Since I am fairly new here, I was wondering what a good price would be for a new 06 or 07 1300AE? I have been looking and have been contacted by a dealership (no where near me) that has a new silver AE. No price has been given to me...just the offer for me to phone and discuss. So, what would be a fair offer?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out Kelley Blue Book for the price of a used one. The new one will have no mileage, and the asking price at the dealer will probably be a bit higher. I gave a bit over $10K for a leftover 06 AE back in June.

https://www.kbb.com

Call D & H Cycle for the lowest price. I will fly out there and ride back for my next bike to save money and see family at the same time. I bet you could get an 09 at D & H for the same price as the stealerships would sell you an 06.

D & H Cycle

18115 US Highway 31

Cullman, AL 35058

(256) 739-1840‎

Heinen's Motorsports in Osseo, MN has a couple 07 AE's available - they have been offered on Ebay @ 10,699 buy it now. Not certain if you are willing to travel to MN but they are worth contacting @ 763-425-2178. Good luck, Dave

Thank you for your words of wisdom and advice. I will give the "stealership" a phone call and see what he might have to offer!!!

Since I am not in any hurry, it will give me the ability to take my time and wait for a great deal.

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for your words of wisdom and advice. I will give the "stealership" a phone call and see what he might have to offer!!!
Since I am not in any hurry, it will give me the ability to take my time and wait for a great deal.

Thanks for your help!
If you buy from D&H, I can assure you that you will NOT use the term "stealership". You'll ride away feeling honored to have met them.

I bought a new 07AE in October of 2008 for 10,999 out the door-should be a little less now....Check with Abernathy's in Union City, TN. They "had" one more about 3 weeks ago still sitting on the floor. They've shipped bikes to all 50 states. Nice folks to do business with!

Good Luck-You'll love the FJR

Call D & H Cycle for the lowest price. I will fly out there and ride back for my next bike to save money and see family at the same time. I bet you could get an 09 at D & H for the same price as the stealerships would sell you an 06.
D & H Cycle

18115 US Highway 31

Cullman, AL 35058

(256) 739-1840‎
It would be a little cold riding it back. It can be done, however.

I bought a new 07AE in October of 2008 for 10,999 out the door-should be a little less now....Check with Abernathy's in Union City, TN. They "had" one more about 3 weeks ago still sitting on the floor. They've shipped bikes to all 50 states. Nice folks to do business with!
If you go to Union City, TN, be sure to stop by Dixie Gun Works. They've got an incredible collection of historical muzzleloading firearms on display. Not the imported replicas that they sell, but the real collection put together by Turner Kirkland during his many years as a travelling salesman in rural areas around the south in the middle part of the 20th century.

If you go to Union City, TN, be sure to stop by Dixie Gun Works. They've got an incredible collection of historical muzzleloading firearms on display. Not the imported replicas that they sell, but the real collection put together by Turner Kirkland during his many years as a travelling salesman in rural areas around the south in the middle part of the 20th century.
+1 on Dixie Gun Works!! :yahoo: Motorcycles AND Black Powder-No wonder I luv Union City!!! :rolleyes:

I have already talked with the ebay seller from WI. when they had it for sale for $11995. They said the would not budge on the price....then the next week they dropped it another $500.00. I gave them an offer after that and of course I have never heard from them again!!!

As to the one in PA...I will make contact.

Question...I am coming off riding a Goldwing GL1800A due to being diagnosed with degenerative osteoarthritis in my left thumb making it extremely difficult to squeeze the clutch lever. After much thought I sold the 'wing last week. What kind of differences am I going to have as far as riding and handling are concerned with the FJRAE?

Yamaha Kawasaki of Florence SC has an new 07 AE that they were asking 10500 for at the end of December.
I just went to their website and they have an 07 AE listed for $13995. I wish it were $10500.
Gordon, check with Gary at Abernathy's in Union City....They still had an 07AE a couple weeks ago. As I said, mine was 10,999 in October. NICE folks to deal with! Ya could drive out on I-40...

Yamaha Kawasaki of Florence SC has an new 07 AE that they were asking 10500 for at the end of December.
I just went to their website and they have an 07 AE listed for $13995. I wish it were $10500.
Gordon, check with Gary at Abernathy's in Union City....They still had an 07AE a couple weeks ago. As I said, mine was 10,999 in October. NICE folks to deal with! Ya could drive out on I-40...

Gordon,

On the AE issue, you'll like the electronic clutch. I came off a Ducati and was pretty much a "standard" guy, but got a deal on the AE, tried it and love it. The handling and power of the FJR will be a VERY pleasant surprise! You WILL enjoy it! Shift with either your foot or index finger!

Sloan's in Murfreesboro, TN had a used 08 FJR1300A with less than 10,000 miles on the odometer for sale yesterday. Asking price was $9,999 on their web site. I saw the bike in person, and it looked quite good. Could have passed for new based on cursory examination.

https://www.sloansmotorcycle.com/new_vehicl...amp;pov=1063952

OK...I am almost ready to pull the trigger on a new 07 AE. What I need is an honest answer...I have them down to $10500.00. Is this a good price? Is there another "edge" I can use to get them lower? I have a truck and trailer ready to leave Sunday and need to give them an answer tomorrow.

Thanks!