06-07 question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK...I am almost ready to pull the trigger on a new 07 AE. What I need is an honest answer...I have them down to $10500.00. Is this a good price? Is there another "edge" I can use to get them lower? I have a truck and trailer ready to leave Sunday and need to give them an answer tomorrow.
Thanks!
Buy it, but if you are looking for a little more you can ask them to GIVE you a 5 year warranty.

I pulled the trigger this afternoon. This bike was on ebay and it was listed at a minimum bid of 10599.00. I had talked with them 4 times trying to get them to drop the price - no go. Today as the auction was nearing its end, I made another call. They said they would rather sit on it until Spring and give it another go...I then said...so if I offered you 10500 right now you would say no --- his response -- well no. I said then the bike is now sold!!! Put a deposit on it and will overnight a cashier's check to them tomorrow!!! Now I just have to worry about shipping....hmmm....any clues other than uShip?

Ah...yes...another new owner has joined the group!!!!

I pulled the trigger this afternoon. This bike was on ebay and it was listed at a minimum bid of 10599.00. I had talked with them 4 times trying to get them to drop the price - no go. Today as the auction was nearing its end, I made another call. They said they would rather sit on it until Spring and give it another go...I then said...so if I offered you 10500 right now you would say no --- his response -- well no. I said then the bike is now sold!!! Put a deposit on it and will overnight a cashier's check to them tomorrow!!! Now I just have to worry about shipping....hmmm....any clues other than uShip?
Ah...yes...another new owner has joined the group!!!!
Was it the 06 or the 07? Congratulations!

Congratulations Gordon!! You're gonna luv it! Absolutely the BEST bike I've owned (and I've owned a bunch of 'em over the years :glare: ) bye the bye, which dealer did you wind up going with?

Old Bear...it was very hard to let the Goldwing go -- believe me! It was also hard to come to grips (pardon the pun) that I simply could no longer grab the clutch lever and realize that my riding days could be over. The FJR is my only link before I would have rethought the Bergman 650 route -- and I already owned one...my first bike!

I ended up buying the FJR from Tom's Cycle in Indiana, PA. I now have the shipping up on Uship right now hoping that I can ship it rather than have to drive up there and get it.

Good deal! I know you are going to like the AE...I "sorta" liked the idea of the e clutch, but frankly wouldn't have gone for it if a manual clutch had been available at a decent price. I did like the heated grips and that, plus the price, led me to try the AE. Five minutes in I thought, "this is pretty cool" and it's only gotten better since. If a guy is a drag racer, this isn't for you (no burnouts :yahoo: ) however for someone who's wanting to ride and cover distance, this is tough to beat. I started shifting using the index finger only (don't like the thumb thingy-too close to the horn :rolleyes: ) and have found it to be very effective. Shifts are ALWAYS smooth, power is outstanding..what's not to like? It's not a Wing (confortwise) but it is a darn nice, comfortable tourer that Will really handle. I tend to like winding country roads. My old Ducati SS and I've been down a bunch of 'em, however since the FJR came into my life, the Duc usually stays home if the rides gonna be over 50 miles or so. The combination of comfort and sporty handling is tough to beat!

Enjoy the ride!! You'll find the folks on the Forum are incredibly helpful and answers are always provided in fairly short order to any questions you may have. Welcome aboard!

Congratulations on the new bike! You can still call D&H for a 4 year Y.E.S. warranty at a hell of a savings.

Thanks Old Bear!

Wellsj...I will be taking care of the 4 year warranty this Spring...a nobrainer for sure!!!

I have line up the shipping through uship - $230.00 for about 350 miles one way -- what I consider a pretty good deal. Should be here this weekend!!!