06 FJR Farkles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cnqwst

Reaction score
Hey guys & gals,

Looking to add highway pegs, risers, grips & radiator guard to an 06 FJR. I've already ordered the vista cruise (cruise control). I've seen some ads that say, "Will not fit 06 FJR" on some of the farkles. Can anyone clarify which of the mods will fit the new bike?

bob

Don't need a radiator guard on the 06 it comes with one

Highway pegs- look under the search button Vendor offers Terry/ wild bill two discussions there

Risers - do you have your bike yet? 06 bars are adjustable (factory) Thead on this as well Gunstar gives instructions

many threads on grips and trimming to fit if need be.

Sliders- see Skyway

mounts- see Skyway

Rack/backrest- see Gerauld

Basically look in vendor sec

There will be a new Power Commander for the '06 FJR, not yet released. I already have placed my initial order.

Don't need a radiator guard on the 06 it comes with oneHighway pegs- look under the search button Vendor offers Terry/ wild bill two discussions there

Risers - do you have your bike yet? 06 bars are adjustable (factory) Thead on this as well Gunstar gives instructions

many threads on grips and trimming to fit if need be.

Sliders- see Skyway

mounts- see Skyway

Rack/backrest- see Gerauld

Basically look in vendor sec
FJRFencer,

It's not that I don't want to search for myself, I have many links saved already.

I've had my 06 for a week now. If the plastic that is in front of the radiator is classified as a radiator guard, it does not work well. Three columns of 5" x 1/2" openings that are letting the bugs by.

Radiator Protectors: Cox Racing https://www.superbikesupply.com/index.php?m...l&ItemsId=26087

(Upto 2005).

Highway pegs by Terry/Wildbill (doesn't mention 2006 availability).

Risers, Sampson Sport Touring https://www.sampson-sporttouring.com/fjr.html (upto year 2005).

California Sport Touring https://www.casporttouring.com/store/mercha...=Yamaha_FJR1300 (No year mentioned).

Doug Hines https://www.fjr1300.info/mods/doughines.html (No year mentioned).

See what I mean?

bob

There will be a new Power Commander for the '06 FJR, not yet released. I already have placed my initial order.
Bike Effects,

I'm new to fuel injection, I take it that the power commander is a USB2 computer that allows for adjusting the bikes performance?

I'll have to read up on it.

bob

I don't believe past years rad guards will work anyway, since the radiator is now curved, correct?

Bob

I am Doug Hines who makes the handlebar risers for the FJR's. I should have my first prototype of the risers for the new 06 FJR tomorrow and if all is ok should go into production the next week.

Keep in touch or you can email me at [email protected]

Doug Hines

Bob
I am Doug Hines who makes the handlebar risers for the FJR's. I should have my first prototype of the risers for the new 06 FJR tomorrow and if all is ok should go into production the next week.

Doug Hines
Hey Doug,

Thanks for responding to the post. Looking forward to the risers.

bob

Groo correct past guards don't work.
The wild bill pegs do ( I emailed them)
Thanks FJRFencer,

I was going to going to contact Wild Bill about the installation of his pegs.

bob

Radiator guard? Does anybody even need to ask? With that curved radiator, it's going to be a bi-atch to build a guard for it, though I agree, from the piccies I have seen, Yammie's OEM version leaves a lot to be desired. I have doubts there will ever be an aftermarket one made. And even my Cox guard let's some bugs through. Rad guards are not for bugs, they are for hard objects that can damage the radiator and leave you stranded.

Bob - all you 06 owners are covering new territory and are going to have to find out the information yourself. Contact the vendors yourself. Call/email them and ask about 06 availability. So much has changed that *most* stuff that works for the 03-05 models will NOT work for the 06.

For example the seat mechanism is totally different, so the Corbins and Sargeants out there now will not work. They will probably develop new ones, but call/email them for info. Personally, I would go with a custom seat like a Mayer or Russell, and then it really doesn't matter, as they will be customizing your own seat pan.

Don't wait for the information to come and slap you upside the head. Take control and be agressive and go out and get it yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skooter...talked to Sargent today. They just got the 06 seat pan from Yammy which they needed to develop the 06 seat. I left my bike in their shop for a week and they found that NOTHING they had done for previous FJR's will work on the 06. so now R & D goes to work.

Ron

Bike Effects,

I'm new to fuel injection, I take it that the power commander is a USB2 computer that allows for adjusting the bikes performance?

I'll have to read up on it.

bob

The Power Commander is a small device that allows you to "re-map" the fuel delivery for smoother, and sometimes more powerfull operation. The USB refers the cable that connects the Power Comander to a PC or Laptop to download the maps.

Radiator guard? Does anybody even need to ask? With that curved radiator, it's going to be a bi-atch to build a guard for it, though I agree, from the piccies I have seen, Yammie's OEM version leaves a lot to be desired. I have doubts there will ever be an aftermarket one made. And even my Cox guard let's some bugs through. Rad guards are not for bugs, they are for hard objects that can damage the radiator and leave you stranded.
Bob - all you 06 owners are covering new territory and are going to have to find out the information yourself. Contact the vendors yourself. Call/email them and ask about 06 availability. So much has changed that *most* stuff that works for the 03-05 models will NOT work for the 06.

For example the seat mechanism is totally different, so the Corbins and Sargeants out there now will not work. They will probably develop new ones, but call/email them for info. Personally, I would go with a custom seat like a Mayer or Russell, and then it really doesn't matter, as they will be customizing your own seat pan.

Don't wait for the information to come and slap you upside the head. Take control and be agressive and go out and get it yourself.
SkooterG,

I tend to agree with others on this forum about your replies, "Waste of your time & ours".

As I said earlier in the threads, I have already saved many links to mods, and many of those do not specifically mention 06 availability.

I received my vista cruise yesterday, & my Terry/ Wild Bill highway pegs today (which I have already installed), along with the carbon fiber tank guard (already applied). These are all items that others on this site said would fit the 06. I don't care to reinvent the wheel, hence the inquiries about the 06 in this forum & other fjr related sites. I have emailed many suppliers (Calsi about their windshield, WildBill about his pegs, Doug Hines about his risers & NationalCycle about the Vstream screen.

Your replies are welcomed, but only if they are beneficial.

bob

SkooterG,
I tend to agree with others on this forum about your replies, "Waste of your time & ours".

As I said earlier in the threads, I have already saved many links to mods, and many of those do not specifically mention 06 availability.

I received my vista cruise yesterday, & my Terry/ Wild Bill highway pegs today (which I have already installed), along with the carbon fiber tank guard (already applied). These are all items that others on this site said would fit the 06. I don't care to reinvent the wheel, hence the inquiries about the 06 in this forum & other fjr related sites. I have emailed many suppliers (Calsi about their windshield, WildBill about his pegs, Doug Hines about his risers & NationalCycle about the Vstream screen.

bob

WTF?

Well, Bob, I was trying to be helpful. Sorry if your thin-skinned ass didn't interpret it that way. Get a life.

Whatever. Hey, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, buddy.

You gotta be fukin kiddin me! Sorry Bob, but fortunately, you don't get to put any restrictions on the content of people's posts. In fact, where did you get the idea that you get to be the judgemental prick who decides which what posts are "beneficial"? Get a life. Ooops, I said that already. Still, good advice it be, and worth repeating.

So where the is the "kiss my f***ing ass" smiley when you really need it?

Well, Bob, hope you found this post "beneficial".

I tend to agree with others on this forum about your replies, "Waste of your time & ours".As I said earlier in the threads, I have already saved many links to mods, and many of those do not specifically mention 06 availability......

......Your replies are welcomed, but only if they are beneficial.

bob
I think what Skooter is trying to articulate is that there's a bunch of new folks here with new '06's and they're taking for granted the years of built up knowledge on the '03 to '05 and think if they just ask the same questions on their '06 that an old timer will immediately answer them. The '06 is so different that we're going to have to build up that knowledge base again folks!

Then combine the 'Now...now....now..Mine...mine...mine' attitude of a few newbies with the old-timer curmudgeon expectation people to go figure out these details and report back and you have a classic conflict.

How about this? Presume first that it hasn't been figured out for the '06. Think twice about posting how to do something and use the search button liberally first. If not found, then maybe post it in the form of a statement instead of a question.

Instead of "Why hasn't anybody found aftermarket seat options for an '06. I need three choices by tomorrow so I can ride on a new seat this weekend." (Exagerated purposely)

Instead try: "I can't find that anybody has found an aftermarket seat option. Unless somebody knows I'm going to go call Corbin and find out if or when they offer an option. I'll report back what I find because I know the '06 is so different." (Again exagerated to contrast the points of view)

It's gonna take a few months untile we're all one happy batch of Sneetches again folks.

Well, simple answer to your original question is if it doesn't specifically say its going to work with an 06, then I wouldn't count on it working. You gutta remember that the after market doesn't get the bikes any sooner than everyone else. They need to get their hands on one in order to make things for this bike. Its only been what, 2 months since this bike hit the US shores? I wouldn't expect too much to come out for it for at least 6 months. That's part of what happens when you buy a new model year vehicle. You may get the latest and greatest, but you get little to no after market support for a while.

Now, if you've done as much homework as you say you have, why dont you take Ignacio's offer and start a FAQ thread with him? You could be the one to help everyone out.

With respect to radiator guards, there are a few posts over the past year from folks who have made their own radiator guards for the pre-whistler FJRs from material found at Lowes and Home Depot, etc. The '06 bikes come with radiator guards. If the '06 guards are inadequate for your purposes, they may at least serve as a frame for a homemade guard. For example, if you want to keep bugs out of your radiator then fastening some aluminum window screen material to the '06 guard may serve well. How it looks would depend on your implementation.

With respect to radiator guards, there are a few posts over the past year from folks who have made their own radiator guards for the pre-whistler FJRs from material found at Lowes and Home Depot, etc. The '06 bikes come with radiator guards. If the '06 guards are inadequate for your purposes, they may at least serve as a frame for a homemade guard. For example, if you want to keep bugs out of your radiator then fastening some aluminum window screen material to the '06 guard may serve well. How it looks would depend on your implementation.

I agree, I made my own gaurds out of screen door mesh. Simply paint the mesh black and place it behind the frame of the stock radiator guard and your done. Looks stealth and should cost you less the 20.00 including the paint, plus you will have enought material to do at least eight bikes :)

Bob

Doug Hines
Doug;

I'm really, really interested in a set of these as well, but what I want most of all is the ability to change the size of the arc that the handlebars make so I can push the ends of the bars out just a bit; the current position puts a lot of pressure on my wrist. Will yours be able to do this?

Thanks,

Drew