'06 FJR's almost sold out!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotecredneck

Reaction score
I just received this message on the Yamaha dealer system.....

October 27, 2005

2006 FJR1300

Limited Supply Remaining

Now’s the time to retail the last few

remaining 2006 FJR1300 units

available for priority delivery.

Hurry…the supply is limited.

Model Quantity Remaining

FJR13AEV Very Limited

FJR13AV Very Limited

Log on to YDS to submit a 2006 FJR1300 Priority Delivery Claim

Form for each customer:

Xtras

Motorsports Forms

2006 FJR1300 Priority Delivery Claim Form

It looks as though the production window is closing.......

Best regards,

Tony

Yamaha Sportscenter

[email protected]

1-800-YAMAHA-0 (926-2420)

Well, if this is legitimate it will serve to hold up the resale value of the used ones.

well...is anybody surprised at this? It`s no wonder, when you take into account the considerable improvments to our well loved FJR. Clearly now, an even bigger winner!!!! Cheers... :assasin:

Anyone know why the production is limited if Yamaha is only making as many as they get pre orders for? I sort of understand the priority advance order scheme of things, but why limit production if there is more demand. Got me wonderin. :unsure:

I think it's propaganda. What, are they going to run out of parts?

Whoever commented on limited availability driving the used market up, I LIKE that idea. '06 on order. '04 for sale shortly. Well, ok, 6 - 8 months. Unless you REALLY wanna buy mine now.

I think it's propaganda. What, are they going to run out of parts?
Whoever commented on limited availability driving the used market up, I LIKE that idea. '06 on order. '04 for sale shortly. Well, ok, 6 - 8 months. Unless you REALLY wanna buy mine now.
I think I have an idea (ooh, that's not good!)...

I betcha they're gonna have a series of PDP events. One now and one or two next year, say spring and/or summer. Makes sense from several different points. Sorry, but I just don't see how they can/would limit this unit. Doesn't make any sense. Limited Edition models sure, but not this machine...

I was kind of waiting to try to sell my old bike first. Now I'm afraid I may miss out if I don't act soon. The sales guy told me to order soon but I thought he was just doing his salesguy routine.

Well I don't know what you are going to think of this but I saw the same thing on my dealers computer as well. I'm wanting a new 06 but I have to sell my custom Royal Star first. He said I'll go ahead and order it if you don't want it I can sell it to someone else. When he checked the computer Yamaha was saying very limited supply.

He's also promised me an FJR if I sell 2 of his 4 R1 LE's. Any takers???????? :D

A limited supply? Oh my! Next we're going to run out of Doritos......because they might not make any more.

Whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was kind of waiting to try to sell my old bike first. Now I'm afraid I may miss out if I don't act soon.
There... right there... see the effect this marketing ploy has on folks? :unsure:

The program stated in the beginning that they would take orders through Dec 31 or until supply is exhausted. They have a certain production time allocated for each model and when that production time is filled they must retool to begin the next model run.

Regards,

Tony

I was kind of waiting to try to sell my old bike first. Now I'm afraid I may miss out if I don't act soon.
There... right there... see the effect this marketing ploy has on folks? :unsure:
You think so? If your thinking holds true, consider Yamaha another notch down on my 'Respect-o-meter'... That's shady at best. Of interest might be that the term 'PDP' is now absent from the web site. Things that make you say, 'Hmmmm'.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's also promised me an FJR if I sell 2 of his 4 R1 LE's. Any takers???????? :D
Are we talking the special edition killer bee R1???? Hmmm? Will he sell me one at the D&H discounted price? Ok, I'll take one.

You think so? If your thinking holds true, consider Yamaha another notch down on my 'Repsect-o-meter'... That's shady at best. Of interest might be that the term 'PDP' is now absent from the web site. Things that make you say, 'Hmmmm'.
Yeah, it definitely smacks of: "Hey bucko - you gonna buy or not, I got a million other folks ready to buy, the clock is ticking, what's it gonna be kiddo ?"

The program stated in the beginning that they would take orders through Dec 31 or until supply is exhausted. They have a certain production time allocated for each model and when that production time is filled they must retool to begin the next model run.
Regards,

Tony
Bingo!

While this could very well be a marketing ploy, I can also see that it could be legitimate production line capacity issues for Yamaha. Perhaps they can only make so many FJRs a year based on capacity. Perhaps the same production line used to build the FJR is also used to build other things. That could be one of the reasons they do the PDP. Makes is easier to plan exactly how many FJRs to make so they can now plan line changeovers, scheduling, ect.

Who nows?

If it is marketing, it is effective. Still, who here who plans on purchasing on 06 wants to be crying on the sidelines after they get the, "sorry, we are no longer taking orders".

Very interesting. My big question is why isn't Yamaha saying anything about limited availability on their very own website like they have in past years.

Warchild- can you get Dan to make some inquiries?

Anyone else - Call Yammie customer service and see what they say.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to wait for an '07 model to come out to give my brother my '05. He was hooked on my '05 after his first ride!

It will probably have factory CC by then, anyway! :D

Oh well, looks like I'll have to wait for an '07 model to come out to give my brother my '05. He was hooked on my '05 after his first ride!
It will probably have factory CC by then, anyway! :D
I'll bet by '07 they'll have full auto and a CD player to boot. Maybe even a retractable canopy for when it rains.

IIRC somebody posted as a FACT, that engine supply was tight therefore FJR deliverys would be delayed 90-120 days...yea, sure. Hey itzz on the internet- it MUST be true...or something......

I'm looking forward to the arrival of my Cobalt Blue '06 in March...now where the heck izz March???! DFO :eek: