'06 Gear Indicator

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Constant Mesh

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
From the '06 owner's manual:

"The gear display shows the selected gear. The neutral position, however, is not displayed, it is indicated by the neutral indicator light".

Questions:

When in neutral and the key is switched on is the gear display blank?

With the clutch lever pulled in, the transmission in gear, and the engine running does the gear indicator show the correct gear, is the indicator blank, etc.?

When you switch on the key before starting and the transmission is in gear does the display show the correct gear?

I'm curious if the system compares the engine rpm and road speed sensor to determine what gear is selected.

Last edited by a moderator:
The indicator shows what gear it is in regardless of the clutch being in, the engine on, or off. If you turn the bike off with it in 1st..when you turn it to on again it will show "1" in the display.

KM

Bike is in neutral. Gear indicator is blank.

large.jpg

Hey Fred!

What is that Up/Down knob under the tach? Is it some kind

of a vent control, or a new switch for raising-n-lowering the

windshield?

Its for head light adjustments, there is one on the right side as well. I haven't tried using mine yet, have others tried them?

AJ

Its for head light adjustments, there is one on the right side as well. I haven't tried using mine yet, have others tried them?
AJ
I use them, they work really slick. They are attached to cables that turn the up and down adjustment on each headlight.

Tom