06 heat- the good and bad

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Criz. We don't have much cold weather down here. I guess on a long ride it might be useful to get as much wind off of your body as possible, though.

I am going on a long ride starting next Thursday. The info will come in handy, I'm sure.

Thanks,

Pam

I've got a gigantic 75 miles on mine so far in two short rides since I picked it up (stupid job) but it's been very warm outside during both. The only heat I've felt is on the upper part of my legs where they touch the tank.

Having an '03 for nearly four years now I can be a witness that in fact Dale's header without the cats does in fact reduce the heat considerably. My '03 does produce heat in the slow moving traffic but not the excrutiating heat some have reported. I even took the rubber pieces on the side of the front of the tank and the heat on the left is very noticible on the left knee so those piece went back where they are supposed to be, for a reason. I have no other heat fixes on this bike

+1 on the header w/o the cats.