'06 sitting on sales floor in seattle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shu

Reaction score
stopped in today at motoplex in lynnwood, just north of seattle, to buy filters and oil and lube and stuff, and there are TWO FJRs sitting on the floor, brand new. i recognized the 06, but the one sitting next to it was silver - didn't investigate. didn't care.

i asked the parts guy and he said that their first 5 were all on deposit, but that they had had at least one new 06 on the floor for several weeks now. i assume they are charging full list, but if you know somebody who's still looking, there you go...

shu

The reason Lynnwood Motoplex has a 2006 FJR sitting on the floor is they want MSRP + 800 setup. They are the second biggest rip off next to Lynnwood cycle barn. Cycle barn charges 1000 + on setup for their bikes. And the funny thing is that there are plenty of Dumb sh*ts that are ready and willing to pay that. Both these shops do a lot of business. But hey, thats Lynnwood for you.

Cheers

The reason Lynnwood Motoplex has a 2006 FJR sitting on the floor is they want MSRP + 800 setup. They are the second biggest rip off next to Lynnwood cycle barn. Cycle barn charges 1000 + on setup for their bikes. And the funny thing is that there are plenty of Dumb sh*ts that are ready and willing to pay that. Both these shops do a lot of business. But hey, thats Lynnwood for you.

i wondered if perhaps that might be the reason. had no reason to ask, since i rode in on one. that said, the guys in parts and service were very helpful and the prices there seemed typical of dealers. but if you know of a better north end / everett area dealer i would be happy to hear about it. after 25 years of hondas, i don't know anything about yamaha dealers in the area.

thanks...

Last November I did a quick survey of four local Yamaha dealers and their pricing on an '06 FJR. Here were the results:

Renton Motorcycles MSRP -$200 = 13,299

dealer prep 775

total 14,074

$500 is refundable

1-90 Motorsports in Issaquah

MSRP -$600 = 12,899

no dealer prep

$500 non-refundable

Ride Motorsports in Woodinville MSRP = 13,499

dealer prep 698

total 14,197

$500 refundable

Eastside Motorsports in Bellevue MSRP = 13,499

dealer prep 689

total 14,188

$500 non-refundable

Clearly I-90 Motorsports in Issaquah had the best deal, by a considerable amount. Still, I couldn't resist the even better price at D&H so I ordered from them. When I told the salesman at I-90, Frank, about doing that, he turned his back and walked away from me in a huff like I was suddenly radioactive. So I am taking my steed to Eastside Motorsports in Bellevue for its servicings. I was going to go to I-90, but Frank lost his company a future customer by being so pissy about my desire to find the best deal possible.

My wife took her Virago 250 to Lynnwood Motoplex for servicing and I was not impressed with their operation there.

Sorry this post is probably totally not interesting to anyone who doesn't live in the Seattle area.

I've yet to find a dealer here on the west side that seems to understand that you are doing them a favor by patronizing their establishments, not the other was around. That is why I make the treck to Sunnyside. Not only do they have more than fair/competative pricing, but the upfront, honest way they do "business" lets me relax and enjoy being there, instead of having to always be looking out for how it is I'm getting bent over and driven home. And, when you have a problem, not only do they know their stuff, but they get it handled. When my '04 "ticker" was repaired, the bike was there for just over a week, including my travel days over and back to get the bike. Not to mention Dan gave me his '03 as a loaner. I ride by a lot of dealers in the 300 miles I have to travel to get to Sunnyside, but I would trailer my FJR over to them before I'd ride onto the lot of the dealers over here.

Sorry about this being a Seattle only thread. I bought my bike off the floor at I-90 Motorsports. Got an alright deal, mid twelve’s. Ride Motorsports in Woodinville and I-90 are now owned by the same guy but they are still separate businesses. Even though I bought my bike at I-90, I would never take my bike in for service there or any Yamaha shop in the area. I have lived here most of my life, worked outside the States for awhile, and have learned the hard way not to trust the mechanics at these shops, Japanese bikes only. I did like the Ducati shop. I was not about to adjust the valves on a Ducati engine, too lazy and apparently too rich since I paid the hourly rate to have them work on it.

I am now in the process of buying all the tools so I can do my own maintenance on my 06 FJR but if I do need to take it to a shop, I will gladly ride a couple of hours and take it to Sunnyside. Those guys seem very passionate about motorcycles, not in it for the paycheck.

As far as north end dealers, I personally will do not bother with any of them. But again, I was born and raised here and have seen all the stupid sh*t from all the dealers in area. It is really more about picking the leaser of two evils. I' m not bitter towards dealers am I? I either buy parts from Ride in Woodinville, close to my house or Yamaha in Seattle, close to my work. The parts guys at Ride seem a little lost sometimes and some of the guys in the Seattle shop can be real pricks. But so can I so I don't hold it against them.

Crap, must have had way too much coffee this morning. Sorry everyone, I'll switch to decaf.

Cheers

Last edited:
:) I've had good luck with RMC in Renton. They seemed to find the TPS problem within a matter of min's. I will suggest staying away from Seattle Sports Plaza in Federal Way. They kept putting my bike on the side because "I had a Warranty problem" and I didn't buy it there, and they ahd paying customers. They also took three weeks to not find the TPS problem.

Just my nickle's worth.

When the 03 came in someone did a dealer cost, dealer invoice and msrp. Dealer destination and set up are included in the msrp. So when they hit you again they are double dipping. Thats why usually they can be talked down on those two charges.

I said months ago about bikes sitting on the showroom floor. There will be a glut in awhile because most want msrp plus prep and destination at an enormous price. $700-$800 dollars is quite high even by our Ca. standards. Dealers all over ordered plenty of extras for the showroom and some have reported no pdp's just a waiting list. You want one they will be available just maybe not close to home for some. No waiting just a few phone calls.

I've yet to find a dealer here on the west side that seems to understand that you are doing them a favor by patronizing their establishments, not the other was around. That is why I make the treck to Sunnyside. Not only do they have more than fair/competative pricing, but the upfront, honest way they do "business" lets me relax and enjoy being there, instead of having to always be looking out for how it is I'm getting bent over and driven home. And, when you have a problem, not only do they know their stuff, but they get it handled. When my '04 "ticker" was repaired, the bike was there for just over a week, including my travel days over and back to get the bike. Not to mention Dan gave me his '03 as a loaner. I ride by a lot of dealers in the 300 miles I have to travel to get to Sunnyside, but I would trailer my FJR over to them before I'd ride onto the lot of the dealers over here.
+1

All of you are wasting your time unless you go to Sunnyside. They are the closest thing to a mothership we have here in the Pac NW :thumbsup: and I will shamelessly plug them any chance I get after the great deal and service I had with their whole store two weeks ago.

All of you are wasting your time unless you go to Sunnyside. They are the closest thing to a mothership we have here in the Pac NW :thumbsup: and I will shamelessly plug them any chance I get after the great deal and service I had with their whole store two weeks ago.
I've gone to Eastside MotoSports a couple of times now to service my '05, and they've done a pretty good job as far as I can tell. They're not real good at cleaning greasy fingerprints off the bike, but mine was a ticker and they did fix it at 8000 miles - after first replacing the cam chain tensioner. Its now got 11500 miles and still tick-free.

Those guys [sunnyside] seem very passionate about motorcycles, not in it for the paycheck.

All of you are wasting your time unless you go to Sunnyside. They are the closest thing to a mothership we have here in the Pac NW and I will shamelessly plug them any chance I get after the great deal and service I had with their whole store two weeks ago.
I wish we had a shop like that in So. Cal. None to my knowledge. If someone has this type of opinion for a dealership in So Cal. speak up! Also, we are limited to purchasing in So. Cal due to DMV regs.

Oh, BTW, mark-up I've seen at places like Fun Bike Center and House of Motorcycles (not even a good building!) are in the $1700-$1900 range!!!!! House wrote me up for a new Hayabusa recently (MSRP $11,100) and they ended up at something near $14,500 OTD!! Boy, I got a good laugh as I walked out...

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is interested in coming south for an 06 AE, D&H Cycle in Cullman AL 256-290-1690, has two they will let go to a good home. I didnt ask regarding the price butt they were very resonable on the A model.

I've gone to Eastside MotoSports a couple of times now to service my '05, and they've done a pretty good job as far as I can tell. They're not real good at cleaning greasy fingerprints off the bike, but mine was a ticker and they did fix it at 8000 miles - after first replacing the cam chain tensioner. Its now got 11500 miles and still tick-free.

Go to Eastside MotoSports for misc. parts but will never go there for service again. Picked up my TL1000sv and it had a good coating of pollen on it from sitting outside for a week while a new cam timing sensor was ordered. I asked the service advisor "what's all this green shit all over my bike?"

His reply "We can't keep all the bikes inside"

"Sure would be nice if I got my bike back as clean as I brought it in!"

No response.

Went to General Mgr(a fellow WMRRA racer at the time...as are a lot of the employees) and all I was offered was an apology and a free tank of gas.

I politely declined his offer and told him I would take my business elsewhere in the future!

Their quite proud of their service dept.$$

Not quite sure where I'll take my 05 for service when it needs it.

Cheers,

Bryce

Back to the original post. Bought my '05 in Oct. of 04 at RMC. They had 3 sitting on the sales floor at the time. Obviously ordered under false names by the dealer.

Cheers,

Bryce

Those guys [sunnyside] seem very passionate about motorcycles, not in it for the paycheck.

All of you are wasting your time unless you go to Sunnyside. They are the closest thing to a mothership we have here in the Pac NW and I will shamelessly plug them any chance I get after the great deal and service I had with their whole store two weeks ago.
I wish we had a shop like that in So. Cal. None to my knowledge. If someone has this type of opinion for a dealership in So Cal. speak up! Also, we are limited to purchasing in So. Cal due to DMV regs.

Oh, BTW, mark-up I've seen at places like Fun Bike Center and House of Motorcycles (not even a good building!) are in the $1700-$1900 range!!!!! House wrote me up for a new Hayabusa recently (MSRP $11,100) and they ended up at something near $14,500 OTD!! Boy, I got a good laugh as I walked out...
If you're looking for a reputable dealer in SoCal I've heard nothing but good comments about South Bay Motorcycle in San Diego. I didn't buy from them (wish I'd have read this forum earlier!) but I have been doing all my service with them and so far so good. As for the other dealerships, let's just say I've had my own issues with House of Motorcycle including experiencing the "laughable" mark-ups...

Latest posts