06 tour pack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirttracker30

Reaction score
My dealer( RJ PERFORMANCE) in Ottumwa Ia. emailed me and said my 06 trunk has been in for a while now. when I quized him to see if they just sent a 05, he said that when he called yamaha accessory division ,and placed the order,they told him that he was the first to order a 06 box. so hopefully I can get down there within the next week or two to see what the Cobalt Blue looks like in person in the sun. The wait sucks !!!!! Hopefully my bike will be here next week. HA HA

I was at my dealer last week and got the same news...my top case was in ..(but not the bike)

Seems they have 5 of them in, (they have 8 FJRs on order) They also had the passenger backrest pad for it. I thought about asking to see it to get a look at the new blue color, but decided to torture myself later. If I go to see it I will take the digital camera....

KM

Rick from RJ Perf. emailed me ,and said Yamaha raised the price on the trunks (retail) . On the web, the trunk,pad,and mount are shown at 598.00 The invoice on the box ,and on the dealer site has just the box alone for 800.00 Can you say VASELINE?

At the Yamaha accessory web site the trunk is $535.00 , the mounting kit is $67.00 and the backrest pad is listed at $103.00 (cents rounded off here)

That gives me a total of $705.00. I understand these are MSRP from Yamaha, but $800.00 for the trunk alone? You gotta be kidding....

KM

Seems they are not kidding..I was given the $800.00 price too, just for the trunk.

My dealer is going to call Yamaha on tuesday and try and find out what the deal is here...

As a side note, I got to visit my case and can only say I REALY LIKE THE NEW COLBALT BLUE COLOR.

I Will have some photos of it posted later.....

KM

At that price, you're really going to love your new color-matched Givi! Or does Yamaha figure that they have the new owners "over-the-barrell" with the body change, as it will take Givi some time to design a new rack? Bad form, Yamaha!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. Here is the info from Yamaha.

The price of the Tour Trunk, (now officialy called the Top Case ) - part number :

5JW-W0754-60-00

is $589.00

They are still unsure where the $800.00 price came from, but according to their parts list, this is the correct part number and price.

I tried doing a search at Yamaha site with this number , but got nothing.

They are going to investigate this more , and send me a e-mail confirming the price, which I will post later if any has problems with getting this price at their dealer.

KM

I love the case and the color... but the bike looks like a weathered board. :haha: Sorry... I know waiting sucks... I waited from March until November in '04.

Does anyone have the part # for the backrest? I retrieved the trunk # from an earlier post. Thanks in advance. :D

On edit, thanks for posting picts Knifemaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I have ridden with weight high on the back (different bikes) it has definitely affected the handling. And I didn't like what it did to the balance. For that reason I plan on getting a luggage rack/backrest from Garauld.

But what about you experienced FJR riders... how does the top case affect the FJR? I know that the low balance of the Feejer has to help alot but how about a voice of experience?

Thanks for the pics. I saw a hole for the key tumbler -- do these bags come with the tumbler out so that you can key the bag to match the ignition key? Or do you need a separate key for the top case?

Does anyone know if one has to drill holes in the plastics on the 06's to mount the base plate like you do on the 03-05's?

I hope not.