06 tour pack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pics. I saw a hole for the key tumbler -- do these bags come with the tumbler out so that you can key the bag to match the ignition key? Or do you need a separate key for the top case?
My '05 came with an extra matching lock tumbler in case I ever get the topcase. I think it would be the same with the '06's...

Does anyone know if one has to drill holes in the plastics on the 06's to mount the base plate like you do on the 03-05's?
I hope not.
We don't have a clue yet because there are no mounting kits available for the '06. They have trunks, but there is no Estimated Time of Delivery for the mounting hardware. I am being told that Europe will not release them until they have satisfied their demand!

Regards,

Tony Orihuela

Yamaha Sportscenter

Is it worth it to get a hard trunk or best be served by a tank bag? Doesn't it affect the stability of the bike?
- I run a Givi V46 mounted on one of Toecutter's plates (that allow the box to sit about 2" more aft, making it more comfortable for a passenger, (in case you hadn't heard about it) and have had no handling issues, (whether I run solo or not) well into triple digits.

The stability of having the trunk might be all the weight up high and far back, (as in my case as shown...)

But when packed as intended, I do feel the added air-brake it does cause at elevated speeds. My bike is better without it, but when used with a passenger, my wife feels more secure and I can't tell the differance at that point.

I picked up this Givi in black w/ rack for $360....... minus the brewski's,

ZZZzz

IMG_2812.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: