06 vs. 08

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting: my FJR's (and all others...) factory warranty started the day it was retailed to me......which happened to be less than 24 hours after the bike got to the dealer. DFO

Something else to consider on the the 06 is that the warranty started on that bike when the dealer received it not when the customer takes possession.
Not sure where you got this from. Warranty starts when customer purchases the bike. There are some notable exceptions of early year FJRs which I explain below.

Interesting: my FJR's (and all others...) factory warranty started the day it was retailed to me
Not quite.

All 2nd half 2005, 2006, and 2007 FJRs worked that way, however, for the FJRs that were delivered under the Priority Delivery Program (PDP) of the early years (2003, 2004, and first half 2005), their warranty period started as soon after it arrived at the dealer since there was already a customer assigned to that FJR.