'06 Windscreen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howardp73

Reaction score
Hi,

I just picked up my '06 last night. Everything seems great, except I have a question on the screen. I used the electric adjust to retract the screen to the lowest position. When I got off the bike I noticed the the blue W mounting bracket that is attached to the screen still sits about 1/2 inch above the remainder of the bracket that is attached to the fairing. It seems to me that maybe my screen isn't retracting all the way? Also the screen seem to have some looseness in it. It vibrates a little at speed.

I think Yamaha has added some nice features. I noticed there is a pigtail on the right side in the fairing opening that looks like a battery tender jack. Also it looks like the brake lines may be kevlar as opposed to the standard oem rubber. Also nice that they include the bag liners and a 12v jack in the pocket that was extra on the Honda. Also they still include a tool kit.

There are a lot of threads about people hitting forest rats (deer) around here, even one mountain lion - you're the first to admit to hitting a pig. Got any pictures?

It sits up a bit to let air in underneath. It does buffet a bit in the wind.

Haven't noticed the connector you mention.

It would be really nice if Yamaha Canada managed to include the bag liners for us north of the border types, especially considering they hose us Canadians to the tune of about US$3100 (MSRP comparison) for the machine and about $400 extra for the shorter Canadian version of the Y.E.S. program.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is this alleged pigtail located?? I just installed an SAE connector off the battery last night and didn't see a pigtail....

no help on the bracket as it is difficult for me to visualize what you are describing - picture might help.

the screen does vibrate a bit at speed.

No pigs, tails or pigtails on my bike - had to install one for a battery tender -- SAE type hook up to temporarily power some stuff till I put powerlets in.

Inside the fairing cutout on the right side. There is a wire harness and zip tied to the harness is a 2 pin connector, std battery tender style. The dealer didn't mention that he did it nor was I charged for it? It was late last night till I got home. I'll get some pictures up.

Also did anyone notice that under the rubber cover on the front brake hydraulic line it appears that the lines are Kevlar?

Also my fuel mileage instantaneous seems to work ok. I remember others having an issue with it stuck at 17mpg. I asked the dealer and they didn't do any work to correct it. Must have gotten fixed from Yamaha on later bikes.

No pigtail on mine either. It would have been nice for Yamaha to put one in, given the trouble it seems to be to re&re the panels to get to the battery (haven't tried it yet myself, kind of hesitant given the reports of others). Ditto for the bagliners.

Bramfrank, did you buy the YES? What did your dealer ding you? I'm thinking of buying the YES too and am wondering if there are any Canadian dealers who are willing to make a deal; Yamaha's MSRP is almost $1500 + the Gouge & Screw Tax :madsmiley:

No extra pig on the right, but I found two unused connectors under the acc box on the left side of my 06. Haven't checked for power on em, as I haven't needed to.

Hmmmm?

Bramfrank, did you buy the YES? What did your dealer ding you? I'm thinking of buying the YES too and am wondering if there are any Canadian dealers who are willing to make a deal; Yamaha's MSRP is almost $1500 + the Gouge & Screw Tax :madsmiley:
I did buy the extended warranty - longest possible from YamaCanada is 3 years extension.
My dealer was willing to give me a discount - I suspect he'd sell you one too - and if you aren't in Quebec you'd save the provincial sales tax to boot. I paid $850 plus taxes less $100 in time-limited Yamaha discounts.

Note that YamaCanada offers a lower price when initially purchasing - so the retail price differs.

I did buy the extended warranty - longest possible from YamaCanada is 3 years extension.
My dealer was willing to give me a discount - I suspect he'd sell you one too - and if you aren't in Quebec you'd save the provincial sales tax to boot. I paid $850 plus taxes less $100 in time-limited Yamaha discounts.

Note that YamaCanada offers a lower price when initially purchasing - so the retail price differs.

My dealer offered me a 4 year YES @ almost $1300 plus taxes (don't think there's PST on service contracts in BC) less a $100 Yamaha discount. No wiggle room at all on this from my dealer, maybe he felt he'd already given me a good discount on the bike and wanted to make up some profit. I turned it down hoping that I could get a better deal, even with the higher after sale pricing. If YamaCanada only allows a 3 year extension then maybe it's a good thing I did turn it down, saved any kind of argument over what I'd have paid for and what I ended up getting. :nhl_fight:

I'll have a look around with some local dealers to see if there's a deal to be made but I'll definitely PM you for your dealer if I run into a wall. Thanks.

How many inches is the screen suppose to travel in a vertical direction from "all the way down" to "all the way up" on the 06?

GreyGoose

Well, well, well.

I pulled the ABCD panels to install my headlight modulator and there IS an unused 4 pin connector clipped to a metal bracket, covered with a plugged mate. It is on the right side, just ahead of the battery. Didn't measure what's there, but I did take a couple of pictures while I had it opened up. Will post when I get back home later.

:D Getting to the battery requires removal of one panel....two screws and a quick fastner. Takes all of two minutes to do it. :yahoo:

No pigtail on mine either. It would have been nice for Yamaha to put one in, given the trouble it seems to be to re&re the panels to get to the battery (haven't tried it yet myself, kind of hesitant given the reports of others). Ditto for the bagliners.