06AE FJR HeliBars

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbodave_98

TurboDave_98
Reaction score
Another very happy FJR AE rider with the slick 06 HeliBar setup. My buddy Skyway and I installed them yesterday and they really have helped my riding position. I am now more upright and now have a comfortable bend in my elbows. I am 5'9" with 34" shirt arm length and 30" leg inseams. The installation was about one hour and it sure was helpful that Kaitsdad and CA24Master published some install pics and instructions. Thanks guys!! Due to my near senile condition, I failed to bring the forum pics of the installation.

Tomorrow, I will put about 450 miles on the bike returning to Rancho Cucamonga CA. I will post about my experience on the ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
TD,

Glad to hear that your mission was a big success. That Ian sure is a bright young guy. Hopefully, you did not piss him off and make him "go skyway" on you. LOL.

Barry

Last edited by a moderator:
:clapping: Good for your and Ian! As a fence sitter on the heli's I'm keen to hear of your impressions.

TD,
Glad to hear that your mission was a big success. That Ian sure is a bright young guy. Hopefully, you did not piss him off and make him "go skyway" on you. LOL.

Barry
So far he has never gone "Skyway" on me!! +1 on his expertise. I surely did enjoy meeting and riding with you and meeting your wife and "little puppy"!! Lets's stay in touch.

:clapping: Good for your and Ian! As a fence sitter on the heli's I'm keen to hear of your impressions.
Don, was great riding and having fellowship with you and SO. Will post my impressions after the ride home. You crack me up and make me belly laugh.

Take care

Only an hour? Skyway, how many have you done? I was talking to my dealer today, the Helibars came up in conversation, and he said they just installed some in about 2 hours, but maybe if they did some for me, it might go quicker.

Thanks

Only an hour? Skyway, how many have you done? I was talking to my dealer today, the Helibars came up in conversation, and he said they just installed some in about 2 hours, but maybe if they did some for me, it might go quicker.
Thanks
The rivnuts that hold on the ignition switch on my AE were replaced with allen hex heads when the switch was replaced due to failure. the work was done under warranty to include removing the hex heads.