07 delivery and pricing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the same dealer that I went to ready to buy but had a few questions about ordering. The salesman took me straight to the owner who answered a question or two and then I said OK so how do I order this thing? He said you'll have to talk to the salesman. I turn around and he's waiting on another couple. Actually walked away from me. I stood there for a few seconds and then walked out. Made the purchase from a dealer in Orlando, FL who treated me square. $14,100 out the door for an AE. Guess it wouldn't hurt to mention it to Yamaha customer reps but doubt it would change anything. There are givers and then there are LOOSERS.

That's the same dealer that I went to ready to buy but had a few questions about ordering. The salesman took me straight to the owner who answered a question or two and then I said OK so how do I order this thing? He said you'll have to talk to the salesman. I turn around and he's waiting on another couple. Actually walked away from me. I stood there for a few seconds and then walked out. Made the purchase from a dealer in Orlando, FL who treated me square. $14,100 out the door for an AE. Guess it wouldn't hurt to mention it to Yamaha customer reps but doubt it would change anything. There are givers and then there are LOOSERS.
I had problems with them on my son's meanstreak kawasaki they had a know problem with heat treatment of trans. gears causing the gearbox to fail-his locked rear tire at 70+ near wreck flat spotted tire. They indicated they knew of no failures, would not be warranty (2,500 + to repair) as was slightly over on mileage. I printed some info showing recall numbers (was all over the Kaw forum some folks even crashed) and serial numbers affected and blanket warranty (regardless of mileage) (they even stopped delivery of new bikes until serial numbers could be verified to not be in the bad batch of gears) offered by Kawasaki and they suddenly remebered the problem and said they would file warranty claim. Kind of wondered what that was all about

It seems like everyone must travel to get the better or best pricing. Does anyone factor in a 1way flight to that destination and how much is it really worth to circumvent the dealer that may actually have to do warranty work on your baby?
yep. sure did. in 2002 (2003 model) i paid $9999.00 out the door (D&H) and figured in $60 for a bus trip and about the same for gas back home. not bad for a $1500 savings over local pricing. be sure to include the reduced cost for TT&L for the lower initial sale price. that reduced cost will benefit you and every other owner of that bike for as long as it lives.

I priced an 06 at local dealer (full list + fees) I saw him a week or so later and he asked if I was ready to order the bike I indicated I had purchased out of state. He stated we will not service it. Nothing like local dealer support. I suspect he will have to service it but I am sure it will be hassle.
not only is he a retard, he may be in violation of his franchise contract with Yamaha Corp. if you think that bridge is already burned, a letter to corporate explaining your dissapointment with their dealer's attitudes might end up with Yammy spending a little time "educating" him.

Last edited by a moderator: