07 IBR-FJRForum

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than the start, St. Louis, is any other information known about where the rally will occur? If any checkpoints or bonus points are in my neighborhood, I would consider dropping by to say howdy.

I'll bite.
When and where? I personally am at the beginning stages of planning one out of Central PA up through NY or something, but if there is another already being planned, I might be able to find the time???

Will you accepts stragglers?
This list isn't of folks doing their first Iron Butt Association ride such as a Saddle sore 1000, but of people who are riding in the Iron Butt Rally

They won't accept stragglers, and you have to be chosen in a lottery in order to ride in the Iron Butt Rally. There are many of us (I heard over 1000) who put in, but only a few (approx 100) are lucky enough to actually ride in it.

That's fine. Thanks for the info.

The Dirty Dozen!
If a dozen forum members are runnin' the 'Butt this year, that's only 75% of all FJR entrants.....

That's right.... a total of sixteen (16) FJR1300s will be on the Start Line in St Louis next week.
We should try to get a picture of all of us FJR pilots together on Sat. or Sunday...maybe after the riders meeting??? BCSP and I will head out on Tuesday and meet up with Iggy & Biodsl for the ride to Misery...I mean Missouri. Wish us LUCK!

Hugs,

L

Iggy, Iron Maiden, BCSP, Skooter, qkslvr, ssfd110 and all the other forum member in the Big Dance..

Ride safe, have fun, kick some ass :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'll see you at the finish!

Iggy, Iron Maiden, BCSP, Skooter, qkslvr, ssfd110 and all the other forum member in the Big Dance..
Ride safe, have fun, kick some ass :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'll see you at the finish!
Thanks Rick, I'll look for you there.

Scooter, lets just say we've met. Last year in Denver, of course you were sucking down martinis like there was no tomorrow :)

Mike

2) DougC? - Doug (NOT Dean!) Chapman - 2004? FJR
Well at least that's an improvement... :clapping:

check the sig...same one I road in 2005

dougc

See alla youse riders in stlouie

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, since I have been outed anyway. Yes I am going to do this stupid ride once again.

There is another FJR pilot, Alan Barbic that is not on this forum, (I don't think.)

Tom

We should try to get a picture of all of us FJR pilots together on Sat. or Sunday...maybe after the riders meeting??? BCSP and I will head out on Tuesday and meet up with Iggy & Biodsl for the ride to Misery...I mean Missouri. Wish us LUCK!

Hugs,

L
If anyone, and I mean ANYONE thinks for a instant that they are going to get any group of riders together for a picture session AFTER we are handed paperwork for the first leg, they are totally insane. You will be lucky to see any angle of me other than my big ass heading for my room.

Tom

Hugs,

L
If anyone, and I mean ANYONE thinks for a instant that they are going to get any group of riders together for a picture session AFTER we are handed paperwork for the first leg, they are totally insane. You will be lucky to see any angle of me other than my big ass heading for my room.

Tom
No, I meant after the Sunday afternoon riders meeting at 2:30 in the afternoon. I'll be a bit busy after the opening banquet!

L

Uh, yea.

Make that 11 riders.

I crashed on friday, a full report when I get home.

I'm OK, but the bike is trashd up front.

Que sara, sara.

GZ

Uh, yea.
Make that 11 riders.

Que sara, sara.

GZ
[SIZE=18pt]Nooooo[/SIZE]

Major, major suckage. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Uh, yea.
Make that 11 riders.

Que sara, sara.

GZ
[SIZE=36pt]DUDE[/SIZE]

That SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you or scooter want a BMW to ride, let me know. That K1200RS I had at WFO-6 is for sale. :tomato:

At this point in the rally, there's no penalty for switching bikes. :superstition:

Can't say what will happen on the forum tho! :unsure:

jeez

sorry

Uh, yea.
Make that 11 riders.

Que sara, sara.

GZ
DAMN! Sorry to hear that man. Glad to hear your OK.

Mike Evans

Saratoga Springs, NY

Is the route published in advance? I'm asking because if the route gets into Virginia I'd like to see if I could schedule a stop at one of the check points.

I took a look at the IBA site and there was not a lot there on this years ride. I was suprised not to find a lot more detail. Or I just plain missed it.

No. That's the point. We get there....we have no idea where we're going other than a checkpoint Friday, August 24 in St. Louis and again August 31. We have to figure out what route we're taking once we're given the rally pack (first one probably Sunday evening August 19th).

They'll then publish the rally first leg rally pack after we get it....maybe Monday or Tuesday after we start. The website will evolve as the 11 days happens.

Well I know a few riders will probably be heading out to St. Louis here soon, so I want to wish you all good luck and ride safe!