07 Rear Trunk on Order

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrrrr

Reaction score
Farkle time!!!!!!! :clapping: :yahoo: Just like the other 07 owners I have been waiting for the rear trunk. I have been calling a couple of dealers looking for the availability of the parts since I purchased my bike in May. Checking the forum almost everyday. Well finally called my local dealer on Friday, a few hours went by and my parts guy called back and said all of the parts are available in the Atlanta warehouse! I went down on saturday with my trusty Yamaha card and ordered my rear trunk, backrest pad, updated mount, tall windshield and a set of the overly expensive Yammy heated grips! Now I will have most of the factory offered farkles. Parts should be in on thursday of next week! Next part will be a Garmin 550! I still want one of those ridiculously expensive tank protectors that say FJR and are available in Canada.

Let us know when you receive everything. I have been waiting since March due to the recall and multiple honest but tiring dealer mistakes. Have everything but the mounting kit. <_< I'd also be interested to hear how the grip install goes. Enjoy.

:blink: Duh, if someone would give me the quick class on adding pics I will post some of the bike when the farkles arrive!

Thanks,

Gerald

FJRRRR,

I just purchased my 07 a few days ago. I'm really surprise the Top case is just comming out now :dribble: The main reason for purchasing the FJR over the Concour was for the availablity of accesories.

If you don't mind me asking what was cost of the Top case and mounting hardware. Also would you have the Yamaha part #.

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
FJRRRR,
I just purchased my 07 a few days ago. I'm really surprise the Top case is just comming out now :dribble: The main reason for purchasing the FJR over the Concour was for the availablity of accesories.

If you don't mind me asking what was cost of the Top case and mounting hardware. Also would you have the Yamaha part #.

Thanks,

Chris
Chris,

I purchased the parts at my local dealership so I probably paid too much but here are the results:

5JW-W0754-71-01 TRUNK BLK CHERRY 503.99

5JW-W0772-00-00 BACKREST PAD 109.95

5VS-PLATE-KT-00 REINFORC PLATE 104.35

I will post pics along the way as I install the parts. Hopefully they will be in tomorrow!

Chris,

I purchased the parts at my local dealership so I probably paid too much but here are the results:

I will post pics along the way as I install the parts. Hopefully they will be in tomorrow!

FJRRR,

I took delivery of an '07 AE about three weeks ago. I ordered the Yamaha model-specific tall shield and rear trunk (with back rest and mounting kit) at the time I ordered the bike. About a week after I took delivery, my dealer tells me that the trunk and back rest are in, but the mounting kit and shield are "on back order". Since that time, there has been no change in status, despite my regular checks with the dealer.

Being new to the model, I am just realizing that there has been a problem with the mount plate for the trunk, and that there may be a new part out there intended to fix it. I wonder if my dealer is looking for the right part #. Is the part # you posted for the "REINFORC PLATE" the Yamaha official #? Are these new parts in circulation?

I can get another make of shield, so I am not so concerned about that. But I would like to mount the Yammie top case if possible. Any help is appreciated. B)

Bill

Chris,I purchased the parts at my local dealership so I probably paid too much but here are the results:

FJRRR,

I took delivery of an '07 AE about three weeks ago. I ordered the Yamaha model-specific tall shield and rear trunk (with back rest and mounting kit) at the time I ordered the bike. About a week after I took delivery, my dealer tells me that the trunk and back rest are in, but the mounting kit and shield are "on back order". Since that time, there has been no change in status, despite my regular checks with the dealer.

Being new to the model, I am just realizing that there has been a problem with the mount plate for the trunk, and that there may be a new part out there intended to fix it. I wonder if my dealer is looking for the right part #. Is the part # you posted for the "REINFORC PLATE" the Yamaha official #? Are these new parts in circulation?

I can get another make of shield, so I am not so concerned about that. But I would like to mount the Yammie top case if possible. Any help is appreciated. B)

Bill
The part number is right off of my receipt from my dealership in Charlotte, NC. I hope it is right. My parts guy seems to be really sharp and has

had my name stuck on his parts wall waiting for info on these parts. He called me when they became available. The warehouse in Atlanta is suppose to

have these in stock and the part number seems to be different from what I have seen in the past. Hope this helps. I will find out this week if/when my parts come in..................hopefully! BTW my receipt says reinforcement plate, I shortened it so that the description would fit.

Chris,I purchased the parts at my local dealership so I probably paid too much but here are the results:

FJRRR,

Bill
The part number is right off of my receipt from my dealership in Charlotte, NC. I hope it is right. My parts guy seems to be really sharp and has

had my name stuck on his parts wall waiting for info on these parts. He called me when they became available. The warehouse in Atlanta is suppose to

have these in stock and the part number seems to be different from what I have seen in the past. Hope this helps. I will find out this week if/when my parts come in..................hopefully! BTW my receipt says reinforcement plate, I shortened it so that the description would fit.

Thanks for the info.

I went to the dealer and was lucky because there happen to be a Yamaba rep there. These parts have not yet shown up in the system, so he called to find out the status at Yamaha. It's true the warehouse does have our color trunk in stock, however the mounting hardware or bracket is not in stock. He said he might be able to get me one, but couldn't give me an estimate of when these brackets will be available to fill orders.

By the way, I didn't order the backrest, do you have to install the backrest to complete the kit? If I don't install the backrest will there be holes exposed because of where it mounts?

After recieving a recall notice from yamaha on there rear trunks, and tired of waiting I went ahead

and ordered the Givi Monokey 46. The trunk, backrest and mounting bracket (which replaces the

stock grab handles) all of which set me back about alot less then just the Yamaha trunk. Quick easy

install (took about 10 minutes) and am completely satisified. I removed the top of the trunk did a little

sanding took it to a body shop had it painted to match, all still less then the yamaha trunk.

After recieving a recall notice from yamaha on there rear trunks, and tired of waiting I went aheadand ordered the Givi Monokey 46. The trunk, backrest and mounting bracket (which replaces the

stock grab handles) all of which set me back about alot less then just the Yamaha trunk. Quick easy

install (took about 10 minutes) and am completely satisified. I removed the top of the trunk did a little

sanding took it to a body shop had it painted to match, all still less then the yamaha trunk.
Yes I know there are other alternatives that may be cheaper. But call me anal, I want Yamaha accessories. I don't mind

adding certain aftermarket accessory farkles (like my tail of the dragon stickers!) but I want every option that is available

from Yamaha even though it is expensive.

So far I have only received the heated grips and the backrest pad for the trunk. No windshield or trunk or bracket yet.

Guess I too am way down on the backorder list. I did get my techmount for my soon to be purchased Garmin 550 installed

the other day! Just need to find more $$$$$$$$$.

For those of you still ordering the trunk, I found a really good deal on the parts. University Motors in Fargo, ND 701-235-6478 sells the trunk for $449.65, the backrest for $88.50 and the mount kit for $90.68. Add actual shipping cost to those prices. I've used them in the past to order parts for my CBR1100XX and you can't beat their prices for factory parts.

For those of you still ordering the trunk, I found a really good deal on the parts. University Motors in Fargo, ND 701-235-6478 sells the trunk for $449.65, the backrest for $88.50 and the mount kit for $90.68. Add actual shipping cost to those prices. I've used them in the past to order parts for my CBR1100XX and you can't beat their prices for factory parts.

Now you tell me!! I just email them for a price quote. To think I actually thought my dealer was giving me some type of a deal! :dribble: Wow, My came to a total of $629.20 w/tax and that's without the backrest. I'm going to cancel and oder from University.

So far I have only received the heated grips and the backrest pad for the trunk. No windshield or trunk or bracket yet.Guess I too am way down on the backorder list. I did get my techmount for my soon to be purchased Garmin 550 installed

Am I correct that you ordered the heated hand grips the 11th of August and you have them already? I paid for a set of heated hand grips when I bought my 07 on May 5. They've been on back order ever since and I'm way past the point of being disgusted.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I have only received the heated grips and the backrest pad for the trunk. No windshield or trunk or bracket yet.Guess I too am way down on the backorder list. I did get my techmount for my soon to be purchased Garmin 550 installed

Am I correct that you ordered the heated hand grips the 11th of August and you have them already? I paid for a set of heated hand grips when I bought my 07 on May 5. They've been on back order ever since and I'm way past the point of being disgusted.
Yep, I have the grips already and the backrest pad. Waiting on the other parts, not too big of a hurry, it usually takes me awhile to install stuff. Let me

know what you find out. Anyone know where the warehouses are, my stuff is coming out of Atlanta........

I called yesterday the trunk and windshield are in!!!!!!!!! Still no mounting bracket. Anyone got theirs yet? How long was the wait? Anyone know availability, I would buy somewhere else and then resell the one I have on order.............

Hi Guys, I bought the back rest for my factory trunk. I think it came with instructions but I can`t find them. I need to know what size drill to use and where the round piece goes? Can someone help? thanks, LD