07 Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTINSTRUCTOR

Reaction score
As I am very new to this site, I am sure someone already addressed this issue. However, I want to know what everyone thinks about brands of frame sliders, sizes (regular or extended), makes, buying them off e-bay, etc.

Also, coming off Honda STs, my wife and I both find the windshield on the FJR lacking in height. Any ideas? CeeBailey vs ?

We have about 70 miles on the bikes, so we are definate FJR newbies. I think we will enjoy them. We enjoyed the STs, but it was time for a change.

Anyone want a couple of STs? (I know .... I know... wrong site)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. And...if there are reallly cool things for the FJR....let me know while I am purging my bank account.

Ride well and die happy.......

Kern

Welcome from another ex-ST rider and new guy. I agree on the windshield it's either to low or not high enough for me so I ordered a Yamaha Tall shield that is another 4" high for $87 from Rick Roush Accessories but they were back ordered and are just now in so I do not have it yet to tell you myself but a lot of guys on this board like it so I bought one. As for the sliders I bought some from S$D on ebay LINK and they were good quality, nice fit and cheap at $36. A 20 minute install if you take your time too.

I like the Yamaha seat which is a first for me. Grip Puppies are always a must (size small). Riding side by side with my wife like you I have an Autocom system with a GMRS radio that is pretty cool LINK and you might like a couple of these helmet locks LINK because the FJR does not come with one and a Helmet Guardian on the License plate will burn your helmet on the pipes. Other than that I think that I am going to treat it like my Goldwing, less is more... who knows.

Good luck with the bikes! Bob

I have Meissner sliders from WIld Hair <com that went on easily and look nice (available with Yamaha Star emblem) and a CeeCailey windshield to solve both items you mention. The windshield is a plus 4" in heighth and plus two in width and does a good job for me. (5' 10" tall)

Hope you enjoy your FJR as much as I do mine. :clapping:

I'll also throw my hat in the ring for Skyway sliders. Ian's products are great and he's a forum member and always willing to help.

I like the GSG sliders (German made) the best, and those were the only ones Wild Hair had in stock, so jumped on them. Reason I bought those over Skyway's is because they're much wider at the contact area, and IMO they should slide better, and wear down less on a slide due to more material.

It's mostly a matter of cost and personal preference; just put something in there.

JC

I have the Motivation Sliders (went on in a snap) but before I put them on, I ordered a can of paint from Colorite and painted them to match the bike. Now they look like they came from the factory.

I have the Motivation Sliders (went on in a snap) but before I put them on, I ordered a can of paint from Colorite and painted them to match the bike. Now they look like they came from the factory.

Don't have to have any pictures of you sliders...do you?

th_Sliders2.jpg
Here is the other picture.
th_Sliders1.jpg

Well all,

1st, thanks to Bob Hughes on the info. 2nd, I ordered a set of sliders from Supply-n-Demand off of ebay. They look very nice(derlin black large extended spools) and are only $36 plus shipping. The pics that Bob posted(link to) sold me on them. The cost seemed very fair. I will post back as to the quality when they arrive.

WW

Got the Motivation Sliders. A little spendy compared to Bob's, but a friend had them on his and I could see they were quality...so bought some.

Nice to get all the replies I did.

So has anyone actually used their frame sliders on their FJR (tip over or lowside)? Any pictures of how well (or not well) the slider did in protected the bike? Just curious, since some of the pictures I find show the frame slider as barely extending beyond the engine.

OH YA!

Supply n Demand sliders from Ebay are the way to go if you want black spools. Very good quality.. At a great price!! $42 shipped!!

WW

So has anyone actually used their frame sliders on their FJR (tip over or lowside)? Any pictures of how well (or not well) the slider did in protected the bike? Just curious, since some of the pictures I find show the frame slider as barely extending beyond the engine.

I can't recall anyone on THIS Forum ever tipping over their bike.

You might want to try another group.

As for me, I took the advice of another Member to heart and now I always park next to a tree.

Capt. Bob

PS....... Skyway's sliders took the full brunt of a garage tip over and now they have a little extra character, and my son has a little less ass.