07 Top Case

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used Motogrid for a couple of years and always found them to be a top notch company. I searched the web and they had the best prices on OEM accessories. When i placed my order with Ryan for a bunch of accessories: Top box, cover, gel seat, etc they had 60% of the items in stock with the exception of the seat and top box. At that time they were projecting the trunk to come in late April or the first of May. Hopefully Mama Yama will stick to that, but it would not be the first time she has gone late before. When I had my Road Star delays were common. :angry2:

I ended up getting a silver one from ebay. Color Rite does have the paint code for the 07, so I'll just have it painted to match.
Year: 2007 Make: Yamaha Model(s): FJR1300,

Code Paint Name Comment ColorRite Top ColorRite Base

0820 Bluish Silver #4 (BS4) Automatic Model 5800-2 n/a

0957 Very Dark Red Metallic #2 (VDRM2) Standard Model 5200 n/a
Thanks for the heads up for the the color codes. I have the '03 yammy top box that fits my new '07 (but the '07 rack is req'd).

Who carries the paint? Any auto parts store or online?

FWIW

I called Yamaha customer service again today as they hadn't followed up with me since last Wednesday with regards to the release of the black cherry (2007) top box.

If you are interested, you might want to call them to see if you get the same story....

It appears engineering and quality have them on hold and will most likely not be ready before summer....he said to call back sometime in June to check.

I guess it's GIVI time...just not sure if it's silver or black. Such a shame to have an extra lock/key set from Yamaha and nothing to use it on.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW
I called Yamaha customer service again today as they hadn't followed up with me since last Wednesday with regards to the release of the black cherry (2007) top box.

If you are interested, you might want to call them to see if you get the same story....

It appears engineering and quality have them on hold and will most likely not be ready before summer....he said to call back sometime in June to check.

I guess it's GIVI time...just not sure if it's silver or black. Such a shame to have an extra lock/key set from Yamaha and nothing to use it on.
Does anyone know anything about the top boxes offered here:

https://www.mutazu.com/index.html

FWIW

Does anyone know anything about the top boxes offered here:

https://www.mutazu.com/index.html
I think they were touched upon here...Clicky

I ended up getting a silver one from ebay. Color Rite does have the paint code for the 07, so I'll just have it painted to match.
Year: 2007 Make: Yamaha Model(s): FJR1300,

Code Paint Name Comment ColorRite Top ColorRite Base

0820 Bluish Silver #4 (BS4) Automatic Model 5800-2 n/a

0957 Very Dark Red Metallic #2 (VDRM2) Standard Model 5200 n/a
I placed my order with CycleGear for the paint but cancelled it because someone at my local bike shop said the aresol spray may not match the rest of the bike. He said I should order the can/bottle paint and have a professional paint it (the shop mgr out of his house).

Question: 1) Would one also need to order the clear coat? 2) Would the color match be that much different between the Color Rite aresol and their airless spray paint?

Parts manager at Friendly Yamaha here in Baton Rouge said he had some pretty reliable contacts at Yamaha. I asked him to check for me last week. The response he got was that they will be available within 2 weeks. We all have herd this before though. Just have to wait and see. I've had one on order for about 2 months.

I contacted Ryan at Motogrid a couple of weeks ago and he said that the 07' top cases should be shipping before the end of the month.

I'll try him again tomarrow and see if there is any update.

I also talked to Ryan at Motogrid, where I have mine ordered from. All he told me a few days ago is that there was no expected shipping date, and that he would check again with Yamaha.

I also talked to Ryan at Motogrid, where I have mine ordered from. All he told me a few days ago is that there was no expected shipping date, and that he would check again with Yamaha.

That sucks, I was hoping it would be soon.

I'll share any info as I get it, let us know if you here anything please!

I ordered my top case two months ago and contacted my local dealer again in Seattle for a status check. The called Yamaha direct and were told they do not have an estimated release date yet. I believe they are trying to fix the cracking issue with the cases before they send any out.

Just got off the phone with Carol at Motogrid and have been informed that the cases are expected to ship within 2 weeks, hopefully all holds true!

This was the writeup at the Yamaha Austraila website incase the link I posted was confusing.

DATE: 14-May-2007

Owners of FJR1300 Yamaha Genuine top boxes purchased from Jan 2006 on are urged to visit their nearest Yamaha dealer to receive a new top case mounting plate absolutely FREE!

Yamaha engineers have discovered that in extreme conditions, the top box’s base and/or mounting plate can suffer stress cracks due to insufficient damping.

So those who own genuine top boxes purchased from January 2006 on are asked to drop by their dealer to have a new top box mounting plate installed free of charge.

Plus if there is damage to your top box purchased from this date caused by the mounting plate, then YMA will also replace the box free of charge.

In the interest of customer service YMA Parts Division asks owners to visit their dealer at their earliest convenience. Dealers can identify affected mounts if the customer is unsure of purchase date.

Contact your local dealer now and arrange an appointment.

© Yamaha Motor Australia

Yamaha Motor Australia Disclaimer

For those that are still hunting for a case. There is a guy that works in the office building next door bought a Yamaha scooter Majesty. It is 395 cc. And he has a top case that looks almost like a GIVI 46 case, but has yamaha logo on it. Here is a linky for the specs on the case and it only cost 189 from yamaha.

I will try to find him and see inside the case to check if it is givi or not.

ABA-44L62-10-00-500.jpg

For those that are still hunting for a case. There is a guy that works in the office building next door bought a Yamaha scooter Majesty. It is 395 cc. And he has a top case that looks almost like a GIVI 46 case, but has yamaha logo on it. Here is a linky for the specs on the case and it only cost 189 from yamaha.
I will try to find him and see inside the case to check if it is givi or not.

ABA-44L62-10-00-500.jpg
That case sure looks like the Givi Monokey V46... and even with the Yamaha branding it's only $155.51 at Motogrid!

7691-300x300.jpg

It is hard to tell if that is as large as a v46...From the pics....The Yamaha site doesnt say anything about the size of it. Wonder how one could find out?

It is hard to tell if that is as large as a v46...From the pics....The Yamaha site doesnt say anything about the size of it. Wonder how one could find out?
ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO GET THE SPECS OF THIS CASE..?..(YAMAHA'S SITE DOESN'T SAY?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

WW