07 trunk

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

07FJRSD

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered a factory Black Cherry 07 Trunk 2 months ago still on back order. Has anyone got theirs yet or know a dealer that has one. May need to go aftermarket yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya I chose not to go that route. Spoke to my dealer 2 days ago and he said it was showing available yet. Added that they would be letting them know when it is due out in 2 weeks!!! Not in the stores in two weeks BUT when it maybe available!!! Sounds like its gonna be a while..long while.....................................................................................

.then some more while.....................................................................................

..........................................................................................

..........................................................................................

................. Screw that. I ordered a Givi e52 and am gonna have the top painted.

Check it out:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...c=21085&hl=

Ya I chose not to go that route. Spoke to my dealer 2 days ago and he said it was showing available yet. Added that they would be letting them know when it is due out in 2 weeks!!! Not in the stores in two weeks BUT when it maybe available!!! Sounds like its gonna be a while..long while......................................................................................then some more while.....................................................................................

................. Screw that. I ordered a Givi e52 and am gonna have the top painted.

Check it out:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...c=21085&hl=
I may have to do the same. Thanks

I got a large Givi look-a-like trunk from J.C. Whitney. It's a cheaply made wannabe but at $93.00 I thought I'd give it a try! It mounted easy enough on my 07 FJR and looks good. The only beef I have is with the quick release mechanism dosen't release without help from my screwdriver pushing in against the release lever. You aren't supposed to need the extra help of any tools to release the trunk.

I also went the givi v46 route for my 07. I have been using it for the past month and by the time Yamaha gets their act together, givi will have a painted lid for my case.

I also went the givi v46 route for my 07. I have been using it for the past month and by the time Yamaha gets their act together, givi will have a painted lid for my case.
+1

When Yamaha made the GenII bikes, they redesigned the trunk mounting system. This has resulted in cracked trunks and mounts on some of the '06 models, now that they've been out for a year. The '07 being the same, Yamaha has decided to reengineer the trunk mounting system. This, and the subequent testing, is going to take a while, assuming the reengineered parts do the trick. If not, it's back to the drawing board. AGAIN!

I gave up and got a V46 Givi. Works beautifully and cost me about half.

I got a large Givi look-a-like trunk from J.C. Whitney. It's a cheaply made wannabe but at $93.00 I thought I'd give it a try! It mounted easy enough on my 07 FJR and looks good. The only beef I have is with the quick release mechanism dosen't release without help from my screwdriver pushing in against the release lever. You aren't supposed to need the extra help of any tools to release the trunk.
I have the same trunk on my bike. If you can't get it loose with you're thumb, you may have it too tight against the front of the rack. I had that problem until I moved it back 1/4in. Now it's easy to remove, and easy to secure to the bike. I used it on my trip to Phoenix with no issues. I use it almost everyday now.

I have the same trunk on my bike. If you can't get it loose with you're thumb, you may have it too tight against the front of the rack. I had that problem until I moved it back 1/4in. Now it's easy to remove, and easy to secure to the bike. I used it on my trip to Phoenix with no issues. I use it almost everyday now.
When I first mounted it I did have it too far forward. I remounted it and still have the problem. I can use the scew driver in the Yamaha tool kit if need be. I find that I mostly just leave it mounted. Thanks for the info though.

Took two months to get the 07 trunk. Ordered in March didn't come in until May. The trunk isn't the real problem though. I'm still waiting on the frigin mounting plate which is still on back order. :angry2: Yamaha wont say when it will be available.

Talked to my dealer today and was told 2 to 3 weeks. We'll see. If it's not here in 3 weeks going with a Givi.

Thanks for the info. I checked mine today and found a piece missing exactly where the section is missing in the picture included in the technical bulletin. I called the vendor I bought it from and they said that since the trunk is already damaged they must call for authorization to replace it. If it was not yet damaged they would have only have had to install the re-inforcing plate on the trunk and the new mounting plate on the tail of the bike. Now I have to see how long all this "warranty" replacement stuff takes.