08 FJR1300AE Mirror support

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newt

Reaction score
Hello fellas,

I just bent my left mirror by laying my bike down. I was just sitting in the bike, when suddenly my knee buckled and that's it. Bike down. (I forgot using my knee support, I know, I'm a freaking genius) :crazy: .

Is there any bracket inside the fairing that holds the mirrors straight (Yamaha part#)? The mirror is not even scratched however it is out of alignment. I tried bending it back but no luck. I'm not strong enough.

Regards,

Newt.

Hello fellas,
I just bent my left mirror by laying my bike down. I was just sitting in the bike, when suddenly my knee buckled and that's it. Bike down. (I forgot using my knee support, I know, I'm a freaking genius) :crazy: .

Is there any bracket inside the fairing that holds the mirrors straight (Yamaha part#)? The mirror is not even scratched however it is out of alignment. I tried bending it back but no luck. I'm not strong enough.

Regards,

Newt.
It sounds like you'll need to bend the support frame back into shape, here is a link discussing on a good way to do it.

Fixing bent mirror mounts

That's part 3P6-28356-00-00 according to my Talmudic reading of the official Yamaha microfiche. Ron Ayers lists it as only $296.40. Dat's CHEAP!

That's part 3P6-28356-00-00 according to my Talmudic reading of the official Yamaha microfiche. Ron Ayers lists it as only $296.40. Dat's CHEAP!

Thank you very much. Is it the same part# for my 08? The one that you gave me applies for the 06 model year.

shalom aleichem :D

Hello fellas,

Regards,

Newt.
It sounds like you'll need to bend the support frame back into shape, here is a link discussing on a good way to do it.

Fixing bent mirror mounts

Thanks brother. It seems to me like the FJR is not as easy to fix as my CBR1000RR was.

Is this the one for my 08?

STAY 1

3P6-28356-10-00

Thanks again buddy,

Newt