08 seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings,

I am working on a Bill Mayer group buy, if interested shoot me a email at

stemrad221 at hotmail dot com

Gregory

sbernared ...
Does the Corbin fit well and click into place as easily as the stock seat? I love the solo look of the corbin with the smuggler and want to get one as soon as they have the 08 black ready.

Will tyhe corbin front work with the stock rear? Thanks, bill
I have the Corbin and Smuggler combo and yes they both just snap in like stock. The black smuggler is available but you have to place an order for one which will take about six weeks.

I just ordered the factory Yamaha gel "comfort seat". A buddy got one for his FZ1 and it feels and looks great.

Will give a report when it comes in.

I just pulled the foam from my stock seat and put inplace some left over pieces of packing foam. Made a saddle shape. Stopped the forward "fall" and feels better than stock !!! Go figure. Now I am convinced the BMS or all the others can make a better (and lower seat) since I did it in 1/2hr with no prior seat repair knowledge. Just pulled the rear 2/3 staples, layered in some 1/2" and 1" foam sheets, laid the cover back on and road it. Niext, I might cut/adjust the stock foam to mimic more of a saddle/dish shape and retry....should even be better!!!

I just pulled the foam from my stock seat and put inplace some left over pieces of packing foam. Made a saddle shape. Stopped the forward "fall" and feels better than stock !!! Go figure. Now I am convinced the BMS or all the others can make a better (and lower seat) since I did it in 1/2hr with no prior seat repair knowledge. Just pulled the rear 2/3 staples, layered in some 1/2" and 1" foam sheets, laid the cover back on and road it. Niext, I might cut/adjust the stock foam to mimic more of a saddle/dish shape and retry....should even be better!!!
I have a Corbin heated seat on my bike. It's OK but of the six Corbins on bikes I've owned, this one is the least comfy (unless it's cold out.) I think anyone who does spend the $ to get a Corbin should opt for heated seat.

Damn those Cornin's are spendy!!! :crazy:

If you're aching in the joints best take more breaks! After first 1 1/2 hour I take a 5-10 minute break every hour.

I put a Corbin on my 06... :good:
DSCN0654.jpg

Ed... :big_boss:
I have the same set up on my 07, I tried the Yamaha gel seat first and didn't like it much so I got the corbin. I really thought it was hard when I first got it but its super comfy. I could ride all day on this baby.

The stock seat on the ST1300 I had before my FJR was a one hour seat. I put a Sargent seat on that bike and was very happy with it. The stock seat on the FJR is a two hour seat. It's fine for short rides but that's about it. I just put a Sargent seat on the FJR and took a two hour ride without any discomfort whatsoever. The Sargent has excellent build quality, fits perfectly and looks great. From what I have read on this Forum, Mayer seats are the best choice for long distance comfort. I personally don't like the way they look, that's why I chose Sargent over Mayer.