1:12 Scale model of '06 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just so happens I'll be in asheville sunday for lunch! Might as well pick up a new desk toy while I'm there.

I tried calling them, to check thier hours. They didn't answer, i'll try again tommorow.

Mine's ordered.
Let me know how it looks when you receive it, I'm curious. I'll probably wind up ordering one for kicks. It may be the only '06 I have for awhile - I'll have to put it in my garage next to the car. I hope my wife doesn't run over it... :lol:

Yes sir, that is very cool. Will be a fun distraction at my work desk, keep the gears turning towards the next ride.

I ordered one, too. The only thing that worries me is that the fine print said they are expected to be in stock 2nd quarter 2006. Another bit of fine print stated that just because they are pictured does not mean they can actually get any, or something to that effect....

I figured the price was low enough to take a chance, we'll see.

+1...looking for model since I ordered my 04 in 03....06 better than a kick in the pants :agent:

I've been looking for a "little FJR" for my desk since before I bought my 05, so this will be cool to have. A few years ago Maisto made an '02 Warrior Die-Cast that I was going to order for my dad (who has a big one) but I missed it and they're not available anymore.

I would have felt better if they had a picture of the model, not the real bike. I guess for less than 7 dollars you can't expect much, but maybe it will be better than I think it's going to be.

Damn! I was just there less than a month ago and he was blowing out a whole bunch of the motorcycles. I bought several. I didn't see the FJR or I would'be bought it.

I've dealt with these people before and they've always been straight with me.

The owner is not real talkative in person, unless he knows you, but they're honest, and they've been there for a looooong time. :detect:

How good could one of these be for $7.00 ? I bought a "Gold Wing" one (don't

remember the scale)it was about 8" for about $15. Not from these people. It was very detailed,the front end moved & came in its own type of trophy case.

I have a whole collection of those little bikes made by maisto, bought at walmart for $1.99, they don't come with the plastic display case though. Seen the same liitle models at the local cycle shop for $15 each. Kmart also sells them under a different name. I will keep checking to see if a FJR model shows up.

Maistro is prety decent. The 1:12 scale is MSRP I think around $8. So they are discounted. If you looked they have other bikes and racing models of Valentino, Nicky etc. Thanks for finding it. TJ

If you know the guy at Ashville why not ask. With a number I don't think getting it will be a problem.

I would have felt better if they had a picture of the model, not the real bike. I guess for less than 7 dollars you can't expect much, but maybe it will be better than I think it's going to be.
I found one. Color is a little off, and the shift button is larger than the real one, but overall, a pretty close match I think.

10914047.jpg

I've got a room full of little die-cast motorcycles I'd like to have the real thing of.

Buy them at Walmarts for a $1.97, come random in a big box I dig through every trip. Never found an FJR yet though.

The cheapies are pretty cool, accurate enough at 2 bucks so I'm expecting a little better out of this purchase. Got 3 on order so I can have one for work, the den computer desk and my room collection. Thanks for the heads up FJR pig !

Attention walmart shoppers !!!

The local walmart has the FJR 2006 models on the shelf.

Got one for under $7.00 . You have to assemble the thing .

MVC-213F.jpg

MVC-212F.jpg

MVC-208F.jpg

MVC-207F.jpg

The picture on the box is blue, but the model is the silver!? Did you see one in blue? I may have to make a trip over to everyone's favorite store to hate, AKA Wallyword.