1:12 Scale model of '06 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The picture on the box is blue, but the model is the silver!? Did you see one in blue? I may have to make a trip over to everyone's favorite store to hate, AKA Wallyword.
Lots of these blue ones for sale on ebay or you can even buy the set blue and silver just search fjr on ebay - linky here - https://cgi.ebay.com/MOTORCYCLE-2006-YAMAHA...tem220032191240

PBraido
Just ordered mine from the above link :) champagne color.

Scoured the local Walmart today with no luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now here's a real model...

MaistoFJR.JPG

on the one i got, the left side of the fairing uppers is not as close a fit as the right side.

it looks like there are pins and associated holes used during assembly. the right side pin is well-set where the mid-point of the upper fairing meets the mid-point of "panel D" (about where the fork tubes line up with the side of the fairing when the wheel is straight).

on the left side, that pin was not seated at all. with a little persuasion i was able to line the left pin up with its mate but am worried that any more force to get it to seat fully might break something.

from the rider's perspective it looks like the fairing has a larger gap between panel A than with panel D.

[whine]Yamaha's build quality on these sux! The side stand design hasn't been changed! Worse yet, they failed to install the centerstand on mine![/whine]

The picture on the box is blue, but the model is the silver!? Did you see one in blue? I may have to make a trip over to everyone's favorite store to hate, AKA Wallyword.
Lots of these blue ones for sale on ebay or you can even buy the set blue and silver just search fjr on ebay - linky here - https://cgi.ebay.com/MOTORCYCLE-2006-YAMAHA...tem220032191240

PBraido

Paid for my model on 10/02/06 at the above e-bay link - not received it yet!

e-mailed the guy -- (Kok Lun Wong) and he just referred me to my paypal receipt and "thanks for the business"!

The USPS ref # does not tell me much except it was shipped on that date.

Anyone dealt with this guy? Is he usually late with shipments?

Thanks guys

Update

Message from seller via e-bay

"Sorry for inconvenience, item mailed 10/03/06, not insured. There's nothing I can do for you"

Glad it was only $15 and not $1500 :angry2: -- bastard!

Just venting guys.

UpdateMessage from seller via e-bay

"Sorry for inconvenience, item mailed 10/03/06, not insured. There's nothing I can do for you"

Glad it was only $15 and not $1500 :angry2: -- bastard!

Just venting guys.

call your credit card company...

I hate that cr@p...

I want a blue one, will go nicely with the full size(bike size) Banner I got from My Yamaha Dealer for my garage.. :)

Oh and look, they are still shipping them out with those shitty Bridgestone BT-020s

If your credit card company is like mine they will require proof that you sent a notice to the company that states to them that you did not receive your product. I sent my 'objection' by certified snail mail and was able to use a copy of that certificate and receipt along with a copy of the letter that I sent and after about three months the charges were dropped and the company was removed from the VISA company's system as a viable merchant. All this over a reocurring bill for some vitamin pills the wife didn't buy. I hear they have a scam for magazines too.

PBraido

Paid for my model on 10/02/06 at the above e-bay link - not received it yet!

e-mailed the guy -- (Kok Lun Wong) and he just referred me to my paypal receipt and "thanks for the business"!

The USPS ref # does not tell me much except it was shipped on that date.

Anyone dealt with this guy? Is he usually late with shipments?

Thanks guys
:blush: :blush: :blush: Panic over!!

Went to my local PO today to have them "search it" - they're not set up for that! - but they found it anyway -- sitting on a shelf in the back, post marked 10/03 :eek: Why was it there you ask -- they couldn't tell me.

So that's 9 days from one city to another in the same State, then sits on a shelf!

Champagne color (closest to silver) and looks great :D

I went to my local WalMart looking for the Maisto 2006 FJR 1:12 model and found nothing, so I went down the road to my local Toys-R-Us and found the blue ones there on the shelf. Nice models. I prefer them unassembled because I need to do some painting on the blue one to remove the stripes.

Beemer

They will be in Walmart toy department for the Xmas holidays cost around $3.95 plus tax.

That is what usually happens. ;) weekend rider

Hmm, that's strange, because my Maisto 1:12 '06 FJR model came with a jar of Marmite perched on top.

FJR-model-with-Marmite-web5.jpg

I can only assume this is due to the ban on Vegemite. I was hoping for a fiancee perched on top, although, to be honest, there's no substitute for a midnight toast sandwich of butter and Marmite.