135 dB Banshee horn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it does sound like it might have potential.

Sadly though, that stebel size horn is just a huge beach to try and fit on a feej. Went with 2 piaa sports horns and am very happy with them, but couldn't find any way to fit a stebel in there. Still have it in my closet.

I have the Clearwater lights hooked into a trigger off a relay I use to fire a Wolo air horn. Pretty much the same principal. Hanging an air horn is a challenge on the FJR. My solution was to mount it on the right passenger peg mounts. It doesn't interfere with the seating of a passenger or rider, is out of the wind, and reasonably fits the lines of the bike. The footpeg even folds up.

horn001Medium.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure I really like that half second delay to get the 'real' horn. When the shit is hitting the fan, a half a second is an eternity.

FYI...

According to Stebels own catalog (click link to download pdf) the Stebel Nautilus air horn produces only 115 dBA at a nominal 12V.

It is reportedly capable of 139 dBA only if powered by 24V. Unless you have a 24 volt source hidden away somewhere on your bike I don't think you're gonna get anywhere close to their claim of 135 dB

It is worth noting that the Stebel TM80 Magnum / 2 (matched pair of twin tone horns) also makes 115 dBA at 12V. They do draw a lot of current and would require a horn relay and wiring harness.

Not sure I really like that half second delay to get the 'real' horn. When the shit is hitting the fan, a half a second is an eternity.
absolutely agree. When we're in an emergency situation, like with that idiot car driver that didn't check their blind spot, and they're a couple of feet from making contact with you...

I want that horn to work NOW!!!!

Sadly though, that stebel size horn is just a huge beach to try and fit on a feej. Went with 2 piaa sports horns and am very happy with them, but couldn't find any way to fit a stebel in there. Still have it in my closet.
The Stebel Nautilus is easy to mount if you have the ability to make a custom bracket. I posted instructions HERE .

The Stebel Nautilus is easy to mount if you have the ability to make a custom bracket. I posted instructions HERE .
yes, I've seen that thread.

I've got that horn/lights connection with my Clearwater Krista lights too, and I LOVE it! When I blast the horn at some bozo and he gets the full-bright shot from the LEDs too, he ALWAYS knows I'm there. I'm not sure he always cares, but he always freaking knows.

I wouldn't mind having even more decibels than the after-market car horns I have on, and this one sounds nice and loud, but like you other guys, I don't want to wait. It takes me long enough to get my thumb over to the horn button as it is.

a link to a vid I shot to show it all off, along with the dimming feature. It should get your attention.

Very cool idea, I like his thought process but don't agree with it. :huh:

What's even really more disagreeable is how much I've been agreeing with SkooterioooooG2 lately. But I agree. I want that horn to sound now! In most situations, for example, a person is coming into my lane, I want them to know instantly I’m there. I can’t afford to wait 2 seconds to see if I get run off the road. :assassin:
I agree with Peter's friendly toot, but you can do the same with the loud horn, just gets their attention more.