1940's motorcycle pictures of my family

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2osx

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
So a while back my grandmother said that she had some family pictures for me. So we take a little trip to her house for a visit. She was bummed out that we were not on the FJR because she wants me to take her for a ride. Anyway, just about all of these pictures are of my Great Grandparents on their bikes. If I remember right, my great grandma rode the Indian and my great grandpa rode the Harley (we wont hold that against him...). My great grandma was a little woman but handled that thing with no problem. I have her old belt that has the Harley emblem pressed into it on the back. If I had to guess, I would say it might be a 25 inch waist? I will take pictures of it and measure it tonight.

She handed me this Kodak picture envelope that has the date of 2/2/48. How cool is that?!?!

Believe it or not, Hudson is literally in this picture! Can you guess where?

Enjoy!

Carl

Very Impressive!! TY for sharing this.

Neat back-in-time entertainment, and being your family? wow, you should be very proud!
smile.png
Now get over to grandma's and give her a ride on your Feejer!

Sry, I ran out of "LIKES" for the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freaking Coolio! You have good bloodlines, young one!

..and how come alot of pix have folks working on the bikes?

So my grandma that is on the bike to the left just turned 79 years young yesterday. She is an amazing woman that still does things on her own and still packs "heat" in her purse. She can out shoot most of the best of them still. Shooting and motorcycles are in my blood for sure.

Before-

After-

]

Carl

Ha! I was not out of likes, so I gave a well deserved one. That is awesome. I love seeing old family pictures, and these are super cool. Thanks for sharing that!!

+7 Loved the pics. In that 1945 pic of Great Granny and King, I'd like to see what that emblem on the tank is, but that could only be a siren mounted above the headlight. MP bike maybe?

I know a lot of us have old family motorcycle connections in our genes. It's cool to see yours. Thanks.

+7 Loved the pics. In that 1945 pic of Great Granny and King, I'd like to see what that emblem on the tank is, but that could only be a siren mounted above the headlight. MP bike maybe?
I know a lot of us have old family motorcycle connections in our genes. It's cool to see yours. Thanks.
Here is a closeup from another picture.

Here is a better pic of what it is.

Here is the factory horn above the headlights

It is pretty cool. Would be cooler if I had the original bikes.

Carl

That really is awesome.

The hunting pic with the bucks strapped to the back of the bikes is a first for me. Them folks were really serious about their biking.