19mm Hex and 27mm Socket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimLor

Reaction score
Got new tires on Maxine this weekend and they sure do feel great. No more wondering down the road. For those looking for the necessary hex/socket - I found what I needed at Lowe's. I did the spark plug socket with the socket extension put in backwards. But, you gotta find the right spark plug socket. I had two, one 20+ years old and one fairly new. Neither had the square cutout for the socket wrench cut all the way through the socket. Went to several auto parts stores and then finally Lowe's to find one that did. The 27mm socket and the spark plug socket cost $12.50 and work great.

Taking the wheels off and pulling the pumpkin and driveshaft are tasks easily within the reach of the average backyard mechanic. My stuff was lightly greased and I didn't have any corrosion. New tires really make a difference!

I used the Mobil 1 synthetic grease. Many recommend the Honda moly 60, but I didn't have any!