19mm Hex Wrench

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kids...don't make put you in separate corners :angry: ..I admire your tool carrying abilities...but you do know the fjr is japanese right :blink: (read reliable)...not American :huh: ...(read HD)......right :blink: bueller...bueller :dribble:

I purchased the adapter from BikeJohnny and then made a happy discovery. My Freddette Racing Wrench for my KDX dirt bike not only removes the lock nut on the back axle, but the other end is a 19 and fits the adapter, allowing both axles to be removed with the BikeJohnny tool. One more bonus... the Freddette wrench also has a spark plug socket on it. Nice and compact.

Motion Pro makes a nice little tool that fits all the big sockets for removing axles ans such...

https://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/tools/..._hex_axle_tool/

get the right tool for the job. :)

17.jpg

I did the inverted spark plug socket trick, having ground some flats on it in order to grab it with a large metric crescent wrench. Works great though I wasn't planning to brag about it on the internet but someone else did :lol: .