1st & 5th disappear in dash indicator

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI this issue effects other models too. My FZ09 is so far fine but others in the community are having it creep up.

FYI this issue effects other models too. My FZ09 is so far fine but others in the community are having it creep up.
I think the part for the Gen II is similar if not identical. I bought the bike with 12,000 miles on the clock and the neutral indicator working only intermittently. I replaced the unit at maybe 30,000 miles and haven't had any issues in the last 150,000 miles or so. Not a huge problem affecting a high proportion of bikes and not a difficult or costly repair. 20 minutes and $40 will do the trick. Hardly worth dropping it off to the dealer (even under warranty) and waiting a week or two for them to diagnose, order the part and install. (Although I would try to get them to pay for the part if I ordered it and I still had a valid warranty!!)

Mine has just started intermittently displaying 1st gear. Will submit for YES repair once she via home from the East in March/April