2 brothers noise suppressors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim oneill

triplex
Reaction score
Anyone know difference between p1 and p1x ? Do these things really quiet down the 2 bros cans? I'm thinking about buying these but don't want them too loud

I just installed the p1x recently. The two brothers are very loud without the tips but still sound very nice. I ram them that way for about 5k miles. Wear earplugs. With the tips in in quiets down quite a bit and takes the edge off. However its still louder than stock. You can ride around town without earplugs and its ok. The pipes take the turbine whirr of the fjr away which is what I really wanted. The pipes with tips allow you not to annoy anyone.

I have the P1x's on my Two Brothers because they advertised the largest DB reduction, 7 to 8 DB The others are advertise 3 to 4 DB reduction. My P1x's made a huge difference in noise reduction . I would recommend those. The motor has a much healthier sound in my opinion over stock .And cruising its still very quite .

I have the P1x's on my Two Brothers because they advertised the largest DB reduction, 7 to 8 DB The others are advertise 3 to 4 DB reduction. My P1x's made a huge difference in noise reduction . I would recommend those. The motor has a much healthier sound in my opinion over stock .And cruising its still very quite .

Thanks, that's exactly what I,m looking for. I love the looks of the 2 brothers cans but don,t want the noise to be too loud. I,m looking for something louder than stock without being obnoxiously loud to the point where you can,t hear anything else but the exhaust.

When I first got the TB's I got the P1 silencers. Rode about two months like this, including a 1000 plus mile trip. Got tired of the noise, took the cans off and went back to stock. Thought about selling them but could not make myself do it. Then TB's came out with the P1x. I thought what the hell, so I bought a set. Put the cans back on with the P1x's installed, been happy with the pipes ever since. Glad I didn't sell them.